Character Dumps and Bug Fixes

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the Ironman variant.
Jug
King Lich

Character Dumps and Bug Fixes

Post by Jug » Fri 18.11.2005, 13:46

Work continues getting the server ready for the Ironman Competition...

The online character dumps now include the last 20 messages when you die, like in this example.  I think this makes the dumps far more interesting.

Also the timeout bug, which players on the Ironman server may be familiar with, has been fixed.  This bug caused some people to be disconnected when there were more than a few players online at once.  The bug is present in the standard MAngband source, but only manifests running on Windows (which the Ironman server is).  Anyway, there should be no more problems with this.

- Jug

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Character Dumps and Bug Fixes

Post by Warrior » Thu 24.11.2005, 04:30

Hey, how about adding comments to the character dumps/screenshots? Much of the point here is to tell a story, brag a little, complain a lot, have people say "doh - why didn't you use the staff of slow monsters instead of eating that slime mold??"

- Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Jug
King Lich

Re: Character Dumps and Bug Fixes

Post by Jug » Wed 30.11.2005, 14:51

This is a great idea.

The reason I held off doing this was because they have the ability to post comments against character dumps over at http://angband.oook.cz and I was hoping we could get some representation over there.

Perhaps a few more people need to submit dumps there and email Pav about it. :-)

- Jug