Still dying to hounds?

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the Ironman variant.
Jug
King Lich

Still dying to hounds?

Post by Jug » Thu 15.12.2005, 08:00

The previous patch to the server which fixed insta-death to hounds when going down stairs and recalling was, as several characters unfortunately discovered, not working.  

The few people who noticed this patch wasn't working did, at least, prove how important this patch is.

Anyway, it's fixed now.  There should be no more deaths to hounds on stairs or recall points.

For the technically minded folk, the details of the fix to the patch are here.  Basically, we have to calculate the distance between the hounds and players ourselves because the game has not yet chance to do it, as the player has just changed location.

- Jug

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Still dying to hounds?

Post by Fink » Tue 10.10.2006, 22:08

Auto mass genocide on stairing/recalling would be fun, and extremely exploitable! A fun idea I thinks. The radius could be shrunk to a smaller dim.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Tue 10.10.2006, 22:10

The other option is to have Globe of Invulnerability happen when ever you recall/stair down. This gives the palyer the time needed to get out of the situation...

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Wed 11.10.2006, 23:19

Yes. As far as I can remember this worked on the Ironman server, so there shouldn't really be a need for any other solutions. On the JP server they've got the GOI on stairs for a few seconds, I think it's like 2-3 seconds, not a bad solution either  but hey, if you stair down into Morgoth's waiting arms, thats just bad luck for you and well done for Morgoth.
A zillion time hounds though, thats just evil.
8)
-- Mangband Project Team Member