[BMA] RFC: Completing ZAngband vaults

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] RFC: Completing ZAngband vaults

Post by Berendol » Tue 27.05.2003, 15:03

As some of you might have noticed, a lot of the vaults in MAngband, especially the bigger ones, are directly from ZAngband. You might not know this part though. A lot of what appears to be empty space should really be something else, like the Pattern, or items. I'm working on this at the moment, but I can't seem to add new floor features. I've gotten as far as seamlessly unifying the cave_* macros in defines.h and finding the wall collision/running routines in cmd*.c... but I fail to see how to add features that you can walk on, and that drops will fall on. cave_bold only checks for a bit being set via an (V & 0x20), and I haven't done any calculations to see what numbers would be available for floors. Anyone want to help out?
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: RFC: Completing ZAngband vaults

Post by Domino » Wed 28.05.2003, 03:04

Ugh.. I've played with vaults trial and error style a few times.  I can make a credible vault but I have no idea how to manage NEW features.  What I can currently do is make a vault pattern, determine perma or regular walls, traps, monsters, regular items or guaranteed excellents.  If any of that would be helpful I'll try to whip up something that will help you modify em.
King of the Hill Baby!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: RFC: Completing ZAngband vaults

Post by Berendol » Wed 28.05.2003, 18:16

I'm talking about source code solutions to display the existing imported vaults correctly.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)