[BMA] Most Valuable Player

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Most Valuable Player

Post by Berendol » Sun 01.06.2003, 23:32

Check out the server webpage (http://dserv.rh.rit.edu) and see how your character's net worth stacks up against the other players.. there's a nice Top-10 MVP list now! I can give you the exact dollar figure upon request. Inventory, equipment, gold, houses, and house contents are all counted, so that's about everything!<br><br>(This is part of the new Dynamo server-side game analysis software I've been working on for a few days now.)
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

herbert2

Re: Most Valuable Player

Post by herbert2 » Mon 02.06.2003, 14:55

8)
Hehe, I hope I won't get killed for being to high on the MVP list... hopefully stealling is disable but i still can be pkilled for my boots...
:)

What about a Post Unique killer list (MUK), a list of players killing most uniques and for example having a score associated to the difficulty of each unique.
Can dynamo do that ?

Herbert ^_^

herbert2

Post by herbert2 » Mon 02.06.2003, 14:59

One more thing,
Can it be that on each player death (normal death, not ghost death) he is inserted on the TOP-50 players.
Maybe that's not a possible feature, but it would reflect the fact that players are killed, wich is more frequent than having players ghost dead (in that case the ghost killer is more important than the regular killer) and also it would erase all the lev1 getting ghost dead by a battle scared veteran (which is meaningless).
Herbert ^_^

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 02.06.2003, 22:52

Well typically if you're high up on the MVP list, you either cheated like somebody I caught earlier today, or you are actually kinda powerful. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you go broadcasting what you have that's worth so much. Yeah that can get you killed, even if you tell just one person... who then blabs about it! Oh, remember, houses count towards net worth, so you could own a huge house but own nothing but a whip and some torches, and be #1 on the list. How bout that?

Dynamo is capable of generating any information I want. It loads the server savefile, and briefly scans all the player savefiles, then starts a local mini-server so that it can get all the information it needs. All of the stuff you just asked for is possible, but as of this morning (ugh, Monday) my focus is on more important things like getting started with a new semester at school. I'll have free time to work on the game in the afternoon and early evening hours. Wait... that sounds almost like now... but with homework. I won't be up past 11 or 12 most nights so you'll all most likely have to use the forums to talk to me. Note to everybody: if you absolutely MUST send me IM's from here, use YOUR email address, NOT Crimson's!!!

The top-50 list won't have any level 1 players killed by BSV's in the town, once more people die. I'm looking into new solutions for this "problem." Seems that the Master Liches are doing a great jorb with exterminating those problem players who defy Morgoth's will. You know, I can actually tell you what killed a ghost, as opposed to what killed its body. That information is in a text file that only gets updated when I tell it to, and it's accompanied by all kinds of sensitive information, so I'll have to answer you about those on a case-by-case basis. Maybe someday soon I'll get some of that stuff in there with the regular hi-scores.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)