[BMA] Problems with Staves Stacking

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

[BMA] Problems with Staves Stacking

Post by Maegdae » Tue 01.07.2003, 22:51

I often carry multiple 20 charge perception staves as it is the most cost-effective and easiest way to id with low level characters. The staves are all macroed @u2, and the macro is \eu2. I also sometimes have a teleportation stave macroed \eu1 stave @u1. When I have the teleportation stave sometimes pressing the ID macro will activate the teleportation stave. If I don't have the TP it will simply give a server error about the stave not existing. I believe this has something to do with the perception staves stacking and unstacking. <br>Can I fix my macro to stop this, or should I just switch to using ID scrolls instead of perception staves? <br>
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Problems with Staves Stacking

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 00:54

Can you be a little more specific about the conditions? For example, does the problem only occur when your staves are unstacked and they restack, or when it would unstack the staves? How about this: Does it happen in reverse -- will the teleport macro activate an ID by accident if you have duplicate TP staves? I don't really know what is going on with that... simplest solution would be to only carry one ID staff.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Wed 02.07.2003, 02:56

Ok.  I observed closely the last two times it happened, and I had a stack of 4 staves with equal charges each time.  I switched my TP macro to a different key to make sure it wasn't just me hitting the wrong key.  Doing it creates no messages; it just uses the stave.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 16:30

What about the ID staves?
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)