[BMA] Wanted: Bugs. Reward: 50k AU

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Wanted: Bugs. Reward: 50k AU

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 01:17

[center]WANTED:<br>BUGS<br>[size=-2]for reckless carousing,<br>endangering lives,<br>murder of townspeople,<br>and a spittoon-full of other<br>unspeakable, heinous evils[/size]<br>50k REWARD![/center]<br><br>I will offer a 50k AU reward for anyone who finds a bug on my server that meets all of these criterion:<br>
  • <br>
  • can be duplicated or is left untouched for me to see<br>
  • nobody has claimed a reward for it yet<br>
  • was not abused for personal gain before the report<br>
  • is described well enough for me to understand the specific problem, as opposed to "I found a bug in the display. Please give me my money."
<br><br>Here's how it works. If you find a bug, make sure you can duplicate it, or if it exists as an item in the game, that you preserve it for me to see. If it's on your player, you have to save and exit, and leave your character alone so I can look at it. If you can drop it *in a house* in town, that is much preferred and easier for both of us to deal with. If your character had a high level, I will reimburse you in the amount I deem appropriate.<br><br>After you've done all this, write me an email at my address 'danlib64 [at] yahoo [dot] com'. Do NOT use this forum's IM function, or tell me in-game, or attempt to communicate with me in any format other than email. Make sure you describe every last condition about the bug. Screenshots are highly valued provided you save them as GIF, JPG, or PNG, and that you only include the necessary amount.<br><br>Now, if you sell or trade a bug item to someone, all players found guilty of such illegal contraband possession - present or past - will be shot at dawn, hung at noon, fed to the trolls at dusk, whatever they prefer. (Unless they send me real-life cash.)
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Herbert2

Re: Wanted: Bugs. Reward: 50k AU

Post by Herbert2 » Wed 02.07.2003, 05:17

Well, i found 2 bugs in the display ;-)

n°1= when casting or gaining new spells, there is allways the same number of lines shown (a-i) while some books have only 5 spells or 6. Therefore, the display stacks and weird spells appear in the scarab mage book (or mordraken). Of course, when trying to cast the 'i' spell from scarab it says 'cannot cast that spell' (even if i know this spell from the correct book).

n°2= when enchanting an ego item, is says "[i@5_.é"$* glows brightly" while its a defender sword or westie weapon. Not seen with armor, only ego weapons. (was already seen on the 1st RIT server)

I know it's not serious bugs, just display, no need for a server reset :) but maybe it can help...

The other one is less evident: i died twice from not being able to move, key-press buffer was full and autoretaliator was taking all the turns until i was dead (mages are not good in melee). I guess it's not a bug, probably just an effect of the fact that mages are poor fighters (it's not the lag). I'll try again with another low mage and let you know.

Herbert ^_^

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Wanted: Bugs. Reward: 50k AU

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 16:31

I refer you back to the post above...

After you've done all this, write me an email at my address 'danlib64 [at] yahoo [dot] com'. Do NOT use this forum's IM function, or tell me in-game, or attempt to communicate with me in any format other than email.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)