[BMA] Server is back up!!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Server is back up!!

Post by Berendol » Sun 29.06.2003, 20:18

[glow=blue,3,300]The server is now ONLINE![/glow]<br><br>Log in, check it out, and dive like a madman!<br><br>I got tired of not getting anywhere with the loader, so it's back up for play. I should be able to finish it later on and take five minutes to update the format when it's ready. Everything's reset, and the new egos aren't quite ready to put in the game yet, but there's plenty of new stuff to keep you busy. Enjoy!
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Server is back up!!

Post by Maegdae » Mon 30.06.2003, 01:23

Woooooh!  
Great job, Berendol!  

Perusing the new .ini file, I've noticed that player settings like race/class and stats are no longer in it  I don't remember them ever working on any server... (I once tried putting values in to see if I could stat-roll faster)
Did they ever actually work for something, or were they just dead weight in the .ini file?

Kudos on 8.  I got a good laugh the first time I tried it   :)
Nice design on the town, too.
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Herbert
Clear Yeek

Post by Herbert » Mon 30.06.2003, 13:17

nice, well done  :D
I was missing it...

But, i died twice for the same reason, maybe you can explain:
I have been surounded my low monsters, and i was stuck, could not move, could not tele, could not use macros, could not cast spells... so i died slowly (once i got killed by townies!!) :(
Someone told me that actually the autoretaliator was using all my turns so i could not cast tele or whatever (i'm mage, so i cannot rely on the autoretaliator)
Can it be ? can it be disabled ? is it a bug or just a drawback of being a mage ?

Thanks, and enjoy :)

Herbert ^_^

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Mon 30.06.2003, 15:06

I've had the same problem before, but on Rohnan.  It's happened with townies, and with a stream of orcs.  I was a few steps away from the stairs, but I couldn't move because the autoretailtor kept attacking before I could move.  I don't remember it affecting spells, though.  Not sure, it was awhile ago.  But I remember it happening several times..
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 30.06.2003, 15:19

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm enjoying the pretty much lag-free game on my server too :)

Maegdae: That stuff in the INI file was indeed dead weight. I checked around some of the client sources to see if it was useful, and it's not. I only did the door orientation, broken down buildings (which were already in the code), better stair location, and 6x2 layout. The random number generator created a pretty good store layout! I'm particularly happy about 8 and 7 being right across the road from each other.

Herbert: I don't know what the deal is with that. Next time it happens (if it happens again) please send me a screenshot before and after you die so I can see what your equipment was. Hmm.. new feature idea, now that I don't have much time to write it.. death dumps.. well anyways I need to know what you were wielding so I can see if the game possibly got stuck because of an underflow or other math error in the to-hit/to-dam routines.

Narchan
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Narchan » Tue 01.07.2003, 09:26

That problem that herbert was having about being surrounded by monsters and not being able to do anything...thats nasty.  It happened to me twice luckily I didnt die either time, but it took a loooong time for my teleport to pull off.  It is very wierd, I myself have never had that problem before.

btw I am not even a mage, but a warrior....
#############
ZZZZZZZZ@ZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
#############

uh oh

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Tue 01.07.2003, 22:37

Smeagol I think dropped some +8 speed boots.
Then while summoning, I died twice in a row because I was unable to cast spells. So I suicided and left everything with the player diving with me, including my Black Mage Cape. Later he found some Powermail.
Not bad for a <20th level warrior on his first session.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 01:00

Herbert, and anyone else who has had this happen to them: What can you remember about your stats, equipment, and other things of note?

I have an idea.. when this happens, you freeze your character by logging it off and not touching it (in town preferably) so that I can look at it. I will offer a 50k AU reward for anyone who does all of these: finds a bug that can be duplicated or is left untouched for me to see, that nobody has claimed a reward for, and that they did not abuse for their own gain. I'll repost this elsewhere, too. See the new topic for details.

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Wed 02.07.2003, 09:39

Could you make it possible to fight the bouncer?

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 02.07.2003, 16:32

No.