default macro setup

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

default macro setup

Post by schroeder » Tue 28.10.2008, 22:31

I was just playing on the PK server, and so I thought I had my macros loaded, but It turns out i didn't, so i died. So, i was thinking about how nice it would be in in the macros menu, a small new option could be added: default macroset for this character. It would have you enter a macro savefile, and then it would autoload it at start every time.
Since I use multiple characters, some of them autoload the right macro file, while others don't. Its really strange, cus it seams to depend on weather or not, the first time I loged that character in, I saved a macro file for it. Because of this, it becomes real easy to forget to load them if i've been using a character a lot recently that didn't require macro loading. Having it so you could select your default load setup would make this problem go away completely.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Re: default macro setup

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Tue 28.10.2008, 22:47

It's actually not difficult...set your macros however you'd like them, then export (or save them) by your playername. That way, when you load a character with that name on *any* server that uses the client you made the changes in, it'll work.

I just tested...my macros for bigjuan (saved as bigjuan.prf in the /lib/user folder on my client) work just fine for both the regular mangband server as well as my pkill server.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Billsey
King Vampire

Re: default macro setup

Post by Billsey » Fri 31.10.2008, 03:36

It's actually even more generic than that, though not well documented. You can create macro files for a class (Ranger.prf), for a race (Half-Elf.prf) as well as for a player (Billsey.prf).
Mangband Project Team Member