The party window - an idea for making healing work.

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
serina
Crystal Ooze

The party window - an idea for making healing work.

Post by serina » Mon 10.11.2008, 00:13

Make healing spells able to be cast past/through monsters so the priest doesn't have to be a front-line character. (maybe even allow healing spells to pass through walls but not perma rock? Or allow them to pass through x number walls but then loose effectiveness? I'm just tossing out ideas (maybe each wall reduces the amount healed by 10%)

Is it possible to make ( target the party-member with the lowest % of life on the same dungeon floor as you're currently on? If this is possible it'd be awesome.

The solution below is harder to play with, but might be more fun.

I suggest adding a window to the current set of windows that is The party window... There the leader is numbered with the letter "a", when the party-leader invites someone to the party they get a new number, "b", "c", "d" etc.

The party window displays all party-members on your current dungeon level. So let me example this (characters below are just used as a reference):

(a) Ascii party leader
(b) Stupid Hobbit
(c) Zal

If I'm the priest, I can make the following macro to use cure light wounds on my mates. \e(ap2B
In this case (a makes me target Ascii and cast the heal on him.

If ( followed by a letter, the macroing can be made even simpler. Example:

I macro CTRL+F1 as follows \e(a
I macro CTRL+F2 as follows \e(b
I macro CTRL+F3 as follows \e(c
I macro CTRL+F4 as follows \e(d

Then I can target up to 12 different people in my party which should be more than enough.

Then I have different macroes for my heals:

I macro Shift+F1 as follows \ep1B (cure light wounds)
I macro Shift+F2 as follows \ep2C (cure serious wounds)
I macro Shift+F3 as follows I think you get my point...

Anyone have a wiser way to do this healing stuff? Speak up please

ZAL

Emulord
King Vampire

Re: The party window - an idea for making healing work.

Post by Emulord » Mon 10.11.2008, 22:33

I think the Line-of-sight and clear path rules of healing other people make sense and are important to maintain balance.
Having a party window with characters names and their % health would be good to know when you should heal/stand in front.