Fallen heroes raised as Morgoths minions

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
serina
Crystal Ooze

Fallen heroes raised as Morgoths minions

Post by serina » Wed 12.11.2008, 13:55

In one of the first Angband version (I think up until 2.7.8 or something) there was a "bone" file where all your dead ancestors were stored, and they would come back as Morgoth's minions to haunt/taunt you. They were animated as undead ghosts or liches depending on their power (level). They were sort of unique monsters that would roam around near the level where they died.
Some of them used quite dangerous spells and it was fun to kill your former heroes. In MAngband, this would mean infestation on the lower levels, but it would add a fun touch to the game ;)

Therefore I suggest that this is only implemented for heroes that die at 1k feet and below and maybe only for heroes that are above lvl 15. Or as to not disrupt/endanger the pre-stat-potion game more than it already is, maybe only heroes that've made it below 2k feet would be raised by Morgoth to fight for him.

OBS! In th 2.7.8 version, once an ancestors ghost was killed, it was permanently dead. So it's a 1-time encounter for 1 person. But it'd be fun to get a red message saying; "Warrior's ancestral ghost was just killed by Zal"

ZAL

Allona
Hobgoblin

Re: Fallen heroes raised as Morgoths minions

Post by Allona » Sat 13.12.2008, 04:32

I THINK THIS WOULD Cb cool, I mean, what does he do with those deadd bodies! eat them! hahahah I doubt it.