Suggestions: Logging, Maps

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Ace
Crystal Ooze

Suggestions: Logging, Maps

Post by Ace » Mon 29.12.2008, 21:19

Hi!

Some suggestions:

1) When logging off and on some information on the map can get lost. The map should be "stored" (on the client?) if the server does send a new one.

2) I think I have reported this already but just dto be more generic - Some spells and information is not logged but should be in the log. Sometimes other players get a msg (xyz casts xyz) sometimes the caster gets a message only (you cast xyz). It should have a standard way of reporting things.

3) Would it be possible to have the screen always centered? It should be tried probably :) Maybe this causes major sea sickness or smth :)

serina
Crystal Ooze

Re: Suggestions: Logging, Maps

Post by serina » Tue 30.12.2008, 20:36

Vanilla Angband has an "always @ in center of screen option". If made as an option toggle, people can decide which mode they wish to play. But implementing it in MAngband might be easy/hard, I dunno.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Suggestions: Logging, Maps

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 01.01.2009, 23:42

PWMAngband has a "center player" option. However it's not like vanilla... I wanted to keep it easy to code. Basically, it makes the sector margin much bigger, so you switch sector much more often to avoid offscreen deaths. Vanilla system needs a lot more coding.