Suggestion: Improvements to score system

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Ace
Crystal Ooze

Suggestion: Improvements to score system

Post by Ace » Fri 02.01.2009, 14:09

Hi there!

This suggestion would reward the good players and increases the "competition" between the pro's.

- Only the "first" death of a character can make it into the highscore list. This way a character that never died and defeated Morgoth will always have a higher score than a character who died serveral times and then defeated Morgoth (sorry no highscore here then ;))
Alternatively a death should result in a severe score penalty and a flag that the character died.

- The play-time needed to defeat the game should be taken into consideration. I do not know what is reasonable - maybe 48 in-game-hrs straight? Then this gives a big bonus lets say 5 Millions points and then each second on top reduces this bonus and later even becomes a penalty let,s should not be limited but be at a lower rate.

Example :
beating the game within 48 in-game-hrs == 5 Million points bonus
After that 6 points per second are deducted from the bonus per second = ~9.5 in-game-days until the bonus would be gone
When the counter reaches 0, score is lowered by 1 points per second.

- What also might be cool if the characters age - We have day and night cycles on the server so it should be possible. However I think currently this is going too fast? When the characters age, maybe we could implement flasks of youth, to keep the characters strong. Maybe this would lead to everyone playing a high-elf.....

What do the others think? :)

EDIT: Made it more clear that Iam talking about in-game time
Last edited by Ace on Fri 02.01.2009, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Suggestion: Improvements to score system

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 02.01.2009, 15:02

Some people have a RL here too... and can't spend 48 straight hours playing the game lol. Killing morgy takes time... this is not TomeNET where you're supposed to be in the big party and kill morgy after a few hours because killing morgy is like rolling a new character there.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Fri 02.01.2009, 15:40

Uhm... I was talking about playtime.

So if you are online on day 1 and play 3 hrs
And then you continue playing on day 2942 and play 2 more hours
your actual playtime would be 5 hours.

Sorry if that was not so clear :)

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Sat 03.01.2009, 14:32

These things would make me sad. Personally, I enjoy dieing a lot...when I don't lose epic gear. I also REALLY enjoy idling in town. If that was taken away...idk. I think then I would try to get the lowest win highscore possible. Something that I think i noticed though, when I won, I think that my experience included all the experience that I lost when I had deaths, cus I did NOT have that much exp when I won, otherwise i woulda cramed playing for another day to overtake turin. It would probably be good to make sure that the exp lost when you die is not calculated in when you retire as a **WINNER**.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Sat 03.01.2009, 18:14

Personally i dont care about highscores and thus it has no effect