Keeping statistics for each flagship server?

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
serina
Crystal Ooze

Keeping statistics for each flagship server?

Post by serina » Sun 13.09.2009, 14:55

Hello :)

I was wondering about if the statistics page would be reset when the server resets?

I think if it's possible keeping that a record of the old server could be saved seperately on it's own webpage, while another page is running seperate statistics after a server-reset and possibly a combined page. This is only if the Dev-team has the surplus to implement this. If not, I'd like for the statistics page to be an overall statistics from when we started measuring.

Wishful thinking:
- 1 statistics page - overall statistics showing for all server-instances.
- 1 statistics page - showing statistics for the server 1.1.2 or 1.1.3-instance (currently running flagship).
- 1 statistics page - showing statistics for the next server flagship after reset.
- x statistics page - showing statistics for each new flagship server after each reset.

I'm not sure this is wanted/doable, but with the fastest levelers, it was extremely fun when this was all new - a new server would be able to make this happen all over again, but doing it at the cost of older statistics would be sort of sad.

I would rank this as extremely low priority, and a possible far into the future update - I made this post so things would be thought-through before the next instance.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Keeping statistics for each flagship server?

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 14.09.2009, 11:14

Lol before doing that, maybe fix the statistics page first :)

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Mon 14.09.2009, 13:56

What's wrong with it?

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 15.09.2009, 11:18

- high level alive only displays a couple chars (since the server got restored from a backup)
- top 5 divers on the main page and on the stat page are different (level 10 characters)
- fastest levelers always say that characters are alive although they died aeons ago
- probably more stuff...

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 16.09.2009, 19:11

- high level alive only displays a couple chars (since the server got restored from a backup)
Yeah, bugged after restore it seems. But it also seems like when someone levels, they're added to the list again? - unsure, but I'm not sure this should be preserved. I guess whenever a new server is launched, Morgoth breaks free from his prison and kill everyone and everything, hehe.

- top 5 divers on the main page and on the stat page are different (level 10 characters)
I don't see a difference, perhaps it was fixed?

Main page:
Top 5 Divers
Krae
Steel Dragon
Kaze
Rivalz
TrollWar0War
More Statistics...

Statistics page:
Top 5 Divers
Who's diving the deepest for their level? Only alive characters greater than level 10 and less than level 50 are considered.

Krae (level 11 at 1800ft)
Steel Dragon (level 41 at 6350ft)
Kaze (level 48 at 6350ft)
Rivalz (level 21 at 2750ft)
TrollWar0War (level 25 at 3000ft)

- fastest levelers always say that characters are alive although they died aeons ago
If they're dead or not, doesn't matter much to me. The point in this statistic is competing with eachother and having fun (I'm still impressed by Groquik). I don't care if he won, died or is still living. It'd just be fun to preserve this list, as I feel like nobody might ever do so well ever again... Devs could remove all the dead/alive stuff about these chars. People can look up their char-dump if they want to learn more.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 17.09.2009, 11:30

- top 5 divers on the main page and on the stat page are different : level 10 characters won't appear on the main page (it was happening when "Restless" was displayed)