Party Houses?

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Party Houses?

Post by Hades » Tue 27.10.2009, 16:58

The concept of party houses is one I fairly like. And it can be managed as to not ruin game play also. As I have noticed the only advantage of a party is share experience and being able to dive together and see each other on the map. I personally think a party should be able to own personal property together by way of a party house so the party can store items as one. Some of my idea's include:

Level restriction on purchasing a party house.(lets say about level 35 or so)
Limitation to about one or two houses.( I think one should suffice)
Ability for the house to be shared amongst all in the party.(each member can enter at will)
Ability for the Party Leader to add a level restriction and/or decide who may and may not enter the house.(Another way to avoid cheeze)

Any other persons input would be great. This would add a new level of trust to the game and allow a more socially active and interactive atmosphere as well. As this being an Multiplayer Roguelike I think we need more ways players can interact with each other other then talking and trading. I really think this would be a good addition to the game. As stated before other idea's of increasing interactive game play are welcome.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Emulord
King Vampire

Re: Party Houses?

Post by Emulord » Tue 27.10.2009, 18:36

I dont think there should be a level restriction, since the party leader is the one who invites people to the party, so he should just be careful to not let noobs into the party house.

Also, if I am in a low level party, I want to be able to share a small house so if one of us dies and loses our equipment we have a single set of backup gear. We both could not afford a house, but together we would be able to.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 27.10.2009, 20:43

One thing...
Player A stores stat pots, xp pots...
Player B joins party.
Player B is instantly level 50 and maxed.

No way...

I know this concept exists in TomeNET, and it's overabused, but there are level requirements there.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Wed 28.10.2009, 14:56

TomeNet has a level on items.

Meaning that some items are e.g. Level 40 so a player below lvl 40 would not be able to pick it up.

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Wed 28.10.2009, 16:25

That same cheese exists if someone just gives noobs overpowered stuff. In some ways, I think partyhouses would make this kind of thing MORE easy to track for the admins.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Post by Thorbear » Wed 18.11.2009, 17:53

Well, why not just make it impossible to invite people 5 levels above or below the current party-leader?

Ofcourse, this poses a "problem" for rescue-parties. But I myself cannot honestly see this as a problem, I have not used a party for my last 20+ rescues.

But seeing as items can be given away to anyone in any place, I don't see why party houses create a cheeze problem.

I'd say 1 house would be enough, after all, the players can still have their own private houses for their own stuff.
I am Thorbear...