Macros

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Emulord
King Vampire

Macros

Post by Emulord » Sun 26.09.2010, 16:01

I died.

It wasnt because I didnt know what to do. I just didnt have my macros. Because I was on a different computer and Im too lazy to recreate 12ish macros.

I was tempted by free unguarded gear on 2200 and died against gorlim on recall.
I only macroed banishment. :/

This would not have happened if macros were saved on the server with each character. Good way to simplify the system right? None of this "load macros, save to a file bs" that we currently have.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Macros

Post by Warrior » Tue 28.09.2010, 19:14

Although I see the point here I don't think this will be implemented, we've discussed it in mangband-dev and the main concerns are that it would clutter up the server with files, it would require a different log in in order to allow files to be shared between characters for individual users and generally it seems to make more sense to have computer specific macros, as laptops and desktops will usually have different keyboards. There are also a few other reasons but again, it's not very likely to be added, we'd rather recommend something like drop box or any other internet storage or perhaps a thumb drive.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Wed 29.09.2010, 04:05

Fair enough. Im less pissed off by my character death by now. I should just grab those files in a USB drive.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Sun 03.10.2010, 22:56

Maybe the macro system shuld be revamped to be more accessible, maybe even predefine some good macros that are included with the program. Zals macros come here to my mind.

But i think one problem is that the codes may be different right? And it also means that some players will not adjust their macros because they will start of with the default?

This brings me back to an old suggestions the /h shortcut that picks some kind of default option. this would simplify the macro making greatly and makes it quicker to create them. There is a "handle" mod out there for angband already I think.