"auto-retaliate" setting

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Domiano
Crimson Mold

"auto-retaliate" setting

Post by Domiano » Thu 27.12.2012, 12:02

When going >, or trying to sneak around as a rogue, auto-attacking every monster your next to can be quite problematic. I would suggest adding a feature that would let the user switch between "auto-retaliate" and "auto-attack".
While using auto-retaliate, you would attack monsters as usual, but only if they were awake.
Personally, i would prefer if this was usable on all classes, but it was suggested that it be tied to stealth mode, and that could work too. Especially if we remove the rogue +4 speed bonus. They reeeally don't need it.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: "auto-retaliate" setting

Post by Thorbear » Wed 06.03.2013, 22:53

I'd like to voice that I second this, although perhaps more as a diversity feature between classes, rogues can stealthily sneak past sleeping monsters, while a warrior might be able to continue that mighty cleave that passes thought a dying monster, spending his remaining bpr for that turn on the next monster, a particularly mighty wizard may be able to cast multiple spells per turn (*cough* V has it *cough*), a paladins divine presence may frighten the companions of the evil monster he just slew, a ranger... oh who are we kidding, improving on rangers?
And I'm fresh out of ideas for priests.

The stealth-mode not attacking sleeping monsters may be the simplest one to implement though, and should require little to no balancing, as it adds a neat gambling-element: Attack and kill the sleeping dragon, or sneak past and risk him waking up while you're taking a swim in his gold?
I am Thorbear...

Domiano
Crimson Mold

Re: "auto-retaliate" setting

Post by Domiano » Mon 18.03.2013, 09:31

I love the idea of that class differentiation! I would say though that paladins could also get cleave, since they are basically just 'holy' warriors (and cus fear becomes useless)
To make it 'clieve' solve the 'enter level, instantly run out of energy from attacking' problem though, perhapse warriors/paladins should have all their blows always treated seprate?
Additionally, we need to implement this from tomenet; the ability to autoretaliate with a spell/bow. If you enscribe your bow/book the right way, you will try to auto-retaliate with that before your weapon.
They also have a 'don't auto-retaliate with this' inscription, which could be useful as well.

And with regards to a priest bonus, I don't think they currently need one, as their unparalleled scumming ability alone makes them a bit OP right now.
If this changes though... you could make their heal spell take less time to cast i guess?