Random idea list of tomeNET things that could be good

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Domiano
Crimson Mold

Random idea list of tomeNET things that could be good

Post by Domiano » Fri 03.01.2014, 23:52

List is as the tital suggests. Warrior thought it'd be cool if I made this, so I actually went and did it (eventually).
List is a bit messy, but I'm too lazy to clean it. I wrote it while a bit drunk, and reviewed it minorly afterwords.
Anyway:
Music & music packs. Different music for different levels/unis/areas, as well as sound effects for certain things. These packs should be swappable, in case someone doesn’t like a music pack. Some effects should be diableable as well.
To keep postking game interesting, make uniques revive! Would work well with the fact that 5050’ plus is to be limited to just kings.
Make deeper monsters tougher (but only do this past 5k, to add postking challenge)
Include post-5k unis, who are tough in interesting ways
Implement the ability to send some kinds of commands via chat. Ideally, these should be updatable without a new instance, as we find more that would be useful
EX: /rec -2850
/shout and /cough
Add \e), which clears the macro processor (instead of just a single command from the processor)
Add the ability to macro a wait delay, to make it easier to chain macros that are currently impossible for silly reasons
(you won’t like this) make items stack on the floor to make killing monsters matter again
Add no-drop curse items? Ex, Make it so you have to uncurse mogul weapons to drop them?
Ooh, a ‘good’ ego that re-cuses itself could be fun too! Like some dangerous-sounding superego weapon, crow, etc. Makes it tougher to swap it!
Add a fire-till-kill mode, to make it so you don’t have to spam spell macros
Add a bbs, so that its easier to communicate to offline players (and a party bbs as well)
Add in blood-bond scrolls, for safe pvp contests
To make the player market less important/broken, just add more places players can spend their $. Player house creation is a good start, but I feel like it won’t be enough. Add a Expensive and Secret black market for double/quadruple BM price, with better items. Ex bm could be in a fixed wilderness location, while the secret BM could be in a random wilderness location (within reason) or just randomly in the dungeon
Some class-specific skills could be cool. I know its been mentioned a bit before, like making it so rogues don’t have to have auto-retaliate on. Rogues could cloak, gain perfect stealth, but loose speed. Warriors could go into ‘focus mode’ to gain some todam, but loose AC, or ‘be in ‘clieve mode’, and use their blows one at a time. Paladins could go into defensive mode, loose some todamage, but gain the ability to block a little bit (or parry if they didn’t have a shiled)! Priests could… pray to stop time (no book needed?), give themselves some time to think. Mages could… wear a new ego weapon that would only work for them, and give some mana back on kills? Rangers could gain ‘opening shots’ and ‘barages’. Extra damage if they aim for a few turns for firing/ shooting 45% damage arrows twice as fast.
Add a target dummy/armored target dummy to test your DPS! (also include a /tym command to test your might (DPS))
Make Morgoth able to break permawall eventually (Except in ironman, cus that would make it impossible to log out safely in-dungeon… Or just make take longer in ironman)
OOH, add the human rings of power, which drop from the Nazgul! They are randarts that only the ring wraith killer can use. They’d only drop the first time you kill it. They are always heavy cursed and no-drop cursed, but could have other negative things. The positive properties COULD make it worth it though…
Add ‘for sale –‘ to put on display
Add for sale 2M, 200K to abbreviate prices

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Random idea list of tomeNET things that could be good

Post by PowerWyrm » Sun 05.01.2014, 16:55

"Music & music packs. Different music for different levels/unis/areas, as well as sound effects for certain things"

I love some of the music themes in TomeNET. Sound fx already exist in Angband, just need to be ported.

"To keep postking game interesting, make uniques revive"

There's no postking game in Angband. Morgoth is the final boss and there's not much to do after that.

"Make deeper monsters tougher (but only do this past 5k, to add postking challenge)"

Already in PWMAngband, could be ported.

"Include post-5k unis, who are tough in interesting ways"

Already in PWMAngband, could be ported.

"Implement the ability to send some kinds of commands via chat"

This has been implemented (socials) in MAng v1.2 and could be extended to do more stuff like /rec, /bbs and such.

"Add \e), which clears the macro processor"

Doesn't that already work (without the ')' that is)?

"make items stack on the floor to make killing monsters matter again"

I've ported the feature from V in PWMangband, but it's currently limited to 1 item (because it would require a ton of testing). Fully implementing this would require rewriting half of the current item code.

"Add no-drop curse items"

Meh, better remove cursed items like in current V.

"Add a fire-till-kill mode"

I've never used that in TomeNET. Does it really work, or does it turn into a fire-till-youdie mode?

"Add a Expensive and Secret black market"

Yup, PWMangband has it too and I love this feature. Even if you can't buy most of the items because the price is outrageous, there could be something that you want at one point of the game. PWMangband has also an "ordering" feature to make that shop even more attractful.

"Some class-specific skills could be cool"

I think this is too variant-ish.

"Add a target dummy/armored target dummy to test your DPS"

Go to IRC, type "@calc (hit) (dam) (bpr) ...." and you have your DPS calculated for you...

"Make Morgoth able to break permawall eventually "

Lol certainly not, same as why you don't have rockets and disintegration... it's not ZAngband. It's what prevents me from playing TomeNET much (along with the timeout on arts): all the ZAngband bullshit.

" add the human rings of power, which drop from the Nazgul"

PWMangband has that (and they became less junk in the latest release without DRAIN_XP), but unfortunately people in MAng are anti-randarts :(

"Add ‘for sale –‘ to put on display"

Easy to implement. In PWMangband, I use 0 as value for items displayed but not for sale (they are greyed out and no price is displayed).

"Add for sale 2M, 200K to abbreviate prices"

Good idea.

Domiano
Crimson Mold

Post by Domiano » Sun 05.01.2014, 23:22

Good input, PW. Heres a reply to the parts I felt needed one:
‘\e)’ vs ‘\e’: Oh, apparently you are right, \e DOES work like that…. I don’t know why everyone is scared of making macro chains then…
‘Fire-till-kill’ mode: Love it in tomeNET, use it all the time. You can cancel it very easily, by moving or whatever. Only time I turn it off is when I wanna wake up a single monster with a wimpy damage bolt :)
‘target dummy’ Ah yeah I forgot about @Calc… it consider crits, right? The /tym command and a dummy would probably be annoying to code, so @calc is probably good enough, but it is annoying to input all the data.

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Mon 06.01.2014, 17:18

I like the idea of a target dummy, but it should be a rare random townie with no attacks and NEVER_MOVE.

100 AC, like 500 HP. Maybe drops $ or crappy town items. I think it'd be fun just to see how long it takes your character to kill them. Also they'd be a completely safe way to test macros.