Item Drops

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Item Drops

Post by Maegdae » Tue 04.02.2003, 02:50

I don't know if this is worth changing, since it's obviously this way in vanilla also... but I think that the drops of elemental great wyrms like Hell, Ice and Storm should be reduced several items.  Right now, I'd rather have the drops of a Great Wyrm than I would an acquirement scroll  :o  They aren't really that dangerous with double-res, and are pretty common at deeper depths too.  Also, perhaps the drops of Black Reavers could be increased by a few items?  Or possibly reduced to 1, excellent item?  That wouldn't be as powerful as it might seem at first; a Great Wyrm (MUCH weaker than a black reaver) will often drop several excellents; I've gotten 6 or 7 before.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: Item Drops

Post by Domino » Tue 04.02.2003, 14:13

Oh I completely agree.  Personally I think anything that does mana storm should drop excellent even if it is only one or two since the odds of dying are pretty good as anyone who's had a black reaver summon 2 compatriots and had all 3 of them cast mana storm in the next round knows.   And as for Wyrms in general well compared to any other dragon they drop extremely well for not _that_ much greater of a threat.  I think thier damage should either be upped or thier drops re-thought. (personally I'm in favor of the entire line of dragon and dragon type monsters being re-thought AND having thier power increased).  It would make sense from a thematic Middle-Earth standpoint as well since dragons were extremly uncommon, hideously powerful and had hoards of exceedingly rare and unique objects.
King of the Hill Baby!