Duelling Grounds (Ideas)

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Duelling Grounds (Ideas)

Post by Fink » Thu 20.02.2003, 09:52

I imagine a room like orc Pit with a bit of surroundings, with spectator seats equpped with esp.

Where players can "Pay" to:

Fight eachother for fun:  and not "die" for real.

Duel for Equpment: winner winns random worn thing from opponent. Maybe small chance of getting carried item.

Duel to Death: One player exits arena, the other is Nuked.  >:(

Duel equally: Players are made same level (or same Exp)(average maybe) and naked when entering. Only books maybe. Standard equipment of choise from armoury. And then you face eachother.

Mass Duel equally: For gold, with maybe 10 players  :P where winner takes half entrance fee from all participants.  ;D

Beat hiscore for fastest cleaned pit with monsters. One hiscore for each type and maybe a few deepth.
Monsters that dont drop things and Exp you dont gain. And spectator seats need to be safe ;).

Once player(s) exit grounds he is restored to original "shape".  and maybe an extra item or gold.

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: Duelling Grounds (Ideas)

Post by Domino » Thu 20.02.2003, 10:01

Ahh Arena type fun.  This could be interesting.. especially if there are prizes  ;D

I like the mass duel idea.  Ultimate Carnage!@#!

The pit idea could be interesting but would probably have to be limited to melee/ranged attacks..  Otherwise mages or priest/paladins would be the only winners with genocide/mass genocide and/or dispel evil.
King of the Hill Baby!

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Tue 04.03.2003, 00:18

I wonder how hard this would be to implement? I think it's a great idea!  I don't think the monster pit idea would work too well..
Doesn't Tome have something similar with a pair of "Blood Bond" scrolls, where each person reads a scroll with the other persons name inscribed on it?  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Grirak
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Post by Grirak » Mon 01.09.2003, 21:50

This is a brilliant idea...all sorts of things could be pulled off...

Well, we could have several arenas...a town arena, a wilderness arena, a dungeon-style arena (with or without monsters and items), even arena vaults (traps optional of course).

Allow the choice to play for gold, equipment, your life, or just for fun.  A multi-duelist option would be nice as well, as well as a team FFA/"capture the flag" mode.

Perhaps, as a new mode, each player begins at a set level with a set amount of gold (2000 would make a good number) and without items. They then each get a few minutes to go shopping for supplies, mage books, cure crits, etc.  (they cannot affect each other in any way during this time, i.e. multiple peeps can be in the same shop) and then they enter the arena and battle it out.

Of course, new balance issues would be introduced, as a lvl 50 mage with Mana Storm, Teleport, and so on could easily fell a lvl 50 warrior, and so forth.  That will take time and a bit of thought to correct.

Indeed, an arena mode would be very nice, as long as it doesn't put strain on the server or is too hard to program...