House Expansion

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

House Expansion

Post by Berendol » Sun 05.12.2004, 18:59

I have an idea, and I'm going to try to implement it someday. So, this is more of a note - since my mental capacity at the moment is a bit restricted after a long day at work.

Description of the ** House Expansion ** item

An indestructible scroll

Sold in a store? Perhaps store 1? Or a new store #9 which would require a new client? I like the Store 9 idea. Never dropped in the dungeon? Or only dropped by uniques? Slim chance of Unique drop... that's a good one.

Resale value approximately 300,000 or maybe more

Will expand a house by a sort-of-but-not-really new kind of destruction blast of radius 4 (leaving floor tiles, and creating walls of permarock) - leads to uneven houses, and will NOT expand into padding of 1 around another house (may need to make the tiles AROUND a house "icky" and identified as belonging to a house somehow to facilitate this) - eliminates the problem of having someone block in someone else's house

Could also have greater expansion scrolls that have a higher radius (6 or 7) and retail for $1M, and lesser expansion scrolls with radius 2 that retail for $80k

So.. you'd read one at the edge of your house where you wanted to expand, and it would blast a hole in the wall and create an irregular expansion that is walled in - teleporting any players or monsters in the blast radius excluding yourself.

Sure. It's not cost efficient. But it expands your house, so you only need to go to one location with one key. No more key houses, and you can start small and upgrade later. Plus it would boost the economy a bit, since players would have some majorly big-ticket things to spend their money on.

More on this later... I want to try it, and this should be sufficient notes for now.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Anyar
Giant Troll

Re: House Expansion

Post by Anyar » Tue 07.12.2004, 16:56

a 9th store could be useful for other thingd too
like making it an auction house(or like ffxi auction where you just put in a price and have to match or better it)? because noone can be on forever so they might want to put dtuff for sale there, maybe have a #9 spot builkt into house or addable with another special scroll so that you can auction stuff from your house and not travel back and forth to town and inbetween houses. valueless items and spamming would have to be stopped somehow if this where iplemented though
just some ideas - Anyar

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: House Expansion

Post by Berendol » Wed 08.12.2004, 13:35

For now I want to try to maintain compatibility with the normal clients, because I don't have time to code clients on that level. In the future I might do an auction house but that's another discussion entirely.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)