house and clone bug

Think you've found a bug? Please report it here.
schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

house and clone bug

Post by schroeder » Sun 01.02.2009, 22:22

So A lot of things happened around this time...so i'll start from the begining. Me and several other players saw a new L shaped house at -200'. It could be phased-door'd into. I eventually dediced to log out in it, to see if i would wind up in 8. I did wind up in 8. I loged off after getting out and returning to town. Upon logging back in, i noticed that kom was bumping into me a lot. I could not see kom. I then suddenly appeared in 8. I now saw that I could bump into myself. Kom told me to come to -200', so i did. And there, we played with my clone. You couldn't always see him, but he was there. We bumped into him a lot. Then i decided to go. I went right, and then i think kom bumped into my clone again, and i suddenly appeared inside someone's house. Screanshot attached of me inside the house looking at one of my clones.
clone bug and house enter bug.jpg
clone bug and house enter bug.jpg (182.42 KiB) Viewed 14237 times
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: house and clone bug

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 02.02.2009, 13:29

Now I understand how one of my chars had his house robbed in the wilderness... this is indeed a major problem.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Tue 03.02.2009, 08:08

This has been resolved. (Or at least the house reset to it's former state).

Caused by increasing the size of an existing house, with the additional floor spaces not being flagged as "real" house spaces so it's possible to phase into them. Thats nothing new but the cloning side-effect sort of was surprising.

The breaking into houses part of it I sort of doubt has been done before, as it all appears to come from a little confusion with houses and getting kicked out of houses, this L shaped house is the first, last and only "artificially" grown owned house.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Tue 03.02.2009, 22:08

Finding player clones in random places seems to happen every once in a while and rebooting the server usually gets rid of them. Here's a picture of a clone that appeared in my house once. When the cloned player logged off, the @ changed into different people until it became a clone of myself. I could not teleport or move the clone though.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Wed 04.02.2009, 07:37

Nice shots, Ascii :)

In the early days of 1.0.0 we had a small problem with clones being attacked (and killed) by townspeople, resulting in a few tragic deaths for the person who was cloned. Haven't seen or heard of the problem since then so I assumed it was fixed somehow.
-- Mangband Project Team Member