Gold disappears in shops

Think you've found a bug? Please report it here.
Ace
Crystal Ooze

Gold disappears in shops

Post by Ace » Thu 30.07.2009, 15:55

[Warrior Edit - Please read]
If you believe gold has "disappeared" from your house, please post the details about it as described below.
If our logs match up with your information we will replace the gold.

For the time being do this:

Put the gold in a character called {characternameGOLD}, ie for Yissa - YissaGOLD - and place this character outside your house.
Do not place him in the tavern. If someone else steals gold your gold while you transfer it, we will not replace it. Put your guy outside your house, log him in when you need to deposit/withdraw money from him, move him inside your house, close the door and make the transaction there. Then move him out of the house and log him out.

It is allowed to level him up to level 5 (you must level him to level 2 in order to be able to drop gold, you can do this easily by giving him a couple of positive potions that will increase his level).
You may equip him with a decent weapon so he can defend himself from townspeople. Other than that, the character can not carry anything, his inventory and equipment should be empty (minus the weapon). You can of course carry a lantern, light and food but he is NOT to be used as a general purpose storage character. If we find anyone doing this the character will be deleted.
His only function is to hold your gold while we're looking into this.

Those who have lost gold, please post the amount of gold lost, on what level your house(s) are (please post both the level itself (-150ft) and the NSEW coordinates (such as 2E and 2N, hit M to see this), their map sectors (hit L to see), their sizes (4x7 for example), the name of the character who lost money, the name of your gold holder (if any).

Also post the level of your character. No other details than this for now please.

If you are in a rush to get your gold back... create your {characternameGOLD} character, pm me (Warrior) the password (via the forums here) and I'll deposit the gold after checking logfiles. Please be aware you can change your password via the 'C' screen if you want to use a different password, you can change this back at any time.
Hi there!

Pretty sure that something is quite buggy with the selling mechanismn. Pretty sure that I did not login with Yissa for quite some time!

Today I log in and wanna check how much gold is stored in my house:

This should be "new" sales
2009-07-17 21:49:53 Sold 11 Potions of Healing for 178200 gold to Soranchu.
2009-07-17 21:49:38 Sold a Cutlass of Lightning (1d7) (+6,+13) for 17509 gold to Soranchu.
2009-07-17 21:48:54 Sold 8 Staffs of Summoning (2 charges) for 72000 gold to Soranchu.
2009-07-16 04:23:24 Sold a Scroll of *Identify* for 8100 gold to Robocow.

No gold found in the house.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Re: Gold disappears in shops

Post by Ace » Thu 30.07.2009, 15:58

Also not sure about this but I think i had more cash than 5k. Not sure if it was overwritten in the house?

Btw I kept free slots in the house. (6 slots free now, 3 slots freed through sales therefore 3 slots should have been free before)

Beholder
Greedy Little Gnome

Post by Beholder » Fri 31.07.2009, 11:57

well well, that's weird because i've over 900K in my house, and when i log yesretady after 3 days, i found nothing.
I've to sell some magic things, to recover some money.
it seems in not only in shops. Something must be bugged.
And.. Pleaseeeeee, i want my money back!.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Mon 03.08.2009, 15:03

I will look into this.
Please provide any information about other items (exact descriptions such as a Cloak of Aman [1,+26] (+2 to stealth) that may have been in the house at that time if you can, as that may make the job much easier.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Beholder
Greedy Little Gnome

Post by Beholder » Tue 04.08.2009, 11:59

I've potions, rings, ans scrolls in this house ,
let me think
i have a feanorian lamp stored, this may help.
5 scroll of adquirement
and a rod of speed, another "common" rare item.

Robocow
Mangy-Looking Leper

Post by Robocow » Wed 05.08.2009, 23:41

Same problem for me.

Had 1.6 million and 26 open spaces in my shop. Came back the next day and there was 586k in the same space as the 1.6 million was in. Nothing seemed to be bought. I know I locked it when I logged.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Thu 06.08.2009, 17:00

Hi there... uh its a lot of items..i just checked it today...

ring of lightning +9
4 rings of free action
intelligence +3
damage +11
protection +13
dex +5
res pois
ring strength +3
restore mushrooms
curing staves
enlightment staves
raal
staves of curing
infra amulet
regen amulets
remove course
tele staves
detection rods
staves of destr.
speed staves
magi crown
regen helm
int cap
lordliness crown
green and black dragon scale mail
holy infusions

and more..... let me know if you need all

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sun 09.08.2009, 10:59

Something seems to be wrong.

For the time being do this:

Put the gold in a character called {characternameGOLD}, ie for Yissa - YissaGOLD - and place this character outside your house. Do not place him in the tavern.

It is allowed to level him up to level 5 if you want to and to equip him with a decent weapon so he can defend himself from townspeople. Other than that, the character can not carry anything, his inventory and equipment should be empty (minus the weapon).
His only function is to hold your gold while we're looking into this.

Those who have lost gold, please post the amount of gold lost, on what level your house(s) are, their map sectors (hit L to see), their sizes (4x7 for example), the name of the character who lost money, the name of your gold holder (if any). Also post the level of your character. No other details than this for now please.

Elminster given 2.100.000AU, gold carrier ElminsterGOLD
Splat given 400.000AU, gold carrier SplatGOLD
Robocow given 1.100.000AU, gold carrier RobocowGOLD

splat
Blubbering Idiot

Post by splat » Sun 09.08.2009, 12:19

Hi there, Splat here.
I lost 400000 gold (exactly I believe), -50 ft, Sector [2,3], the size of the house is 6x5, the gold vanished on my character Splat, I don't have a gold holder. I'm level 37 (though I may have been a different level at the time when it happened).

mreggiardo
Scruffy-Looking Hobbit

Post by mreggiardo » Sun 09.08.2009, 15:24

I use another user sorry.. my account Beholder seems to be bugged, is not my day today.

This is for Elminster, the char who lost the money
My house is in -400 sector 0,0 , 9x5 blocks

I lost the money 2 times, first it was about 10 days ago.. I post in this formu, I lost about 950K
yesterday I lost 1.01 millons
and then after that loss , starting again for the 3rt time and, it happends to me again and i lost 40K.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sun 09.08.2009, 17:37

karis
Giant House Fly

Post by karis » Sun 09.08.2009, 19:09

Ok, here is my bug report.
My gold disappeared three times during the last 2 weeks. Two times from my house at -150ft [0,3]. As far as i can remember something about 3.5M and 4.5M (could have been 1M more or less.... i don't care). I decided to buy a small house in town to store some money at [0,2], and last night there disappeared ~2.5M (this I remember for sure).
I thought first it has something to do with the (for sale) mechanism, as some things in the house at -150ft were for sale. But in the town house are only mage books, *heal* and life pots, a speed ring and my magi staffs, nothing is/was for sale there.
I don't need the money replaced, but it would be great if the reason could be found :)

Karis

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Sun 09.08.2009, 23:07

Hi!

Question - This bug only affects deposits ? not gold on characters right?

1) we need to to stop selling / buying
2) gold on characters is not lost or? so if i dive with my char acenoid i could give my gold to my other char for safekeep (unless it dies of course...) when iam done diving i just retunrn the gold to my main char - purpose is just so i dont have to generate and level 5 "xyz" gold characters. This might be easier than create so manyx fake characters. Or do you want to identify the affected people?

Hope it gets fixed, strange bug forom nowhere :)

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Mon 10.08.2009, 19:08

Like I suggested in-game, you may want to put your sales on hold for a while. That is, remove {for sale}.
To the best of my knowledge it only affects gold in houses. It does seem to be related to sales though I have no definite proof to support that.
The reason we want {characternameGOLD} is for us to easily be able to "trace the money" and map the whole situation. If people just put money on their other chars, mixed with that chars money, maybe forgot the exact amounts...

If everyone could confirm that their gold seem to have disappeared after something was bought from their shop, that'd be a good help.

Did anyone lose money placed in houses in TOWN?

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Mon 10.08.2009, 22:40

Not me..

Acenoid currently has 11 mil
mclovin ~4 mil
yissa should have had much more than 100k (expected 250 k but maybe wrong...)
the others I dont know :)

Only yissa lost money so far - I have not realized money loss in houses in Town.

yissa and acenoid have houses outside of town
mclovin has both in + outside of town map.

I will create gold chars in the next days and remove the for sale stuff.

Thanks for the update.