RIP Warrior

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...

Why did Warrior quaff a potion of speed instead of a potion of healing?

He just wanted to die.
18%
He hit the wrong key!
9%
He didn't pay attention to his hitpoints.
No votes
He's just such a noob.
18%
Healing is cheezy, real men don't quaff healing.
55%

Total votes: 11

Warrior
Evil Iggy

RIP Warrior

Post by Warrior » Sun 20.01.2008, 13:40

So, Warrior the Level 50 Dunadan Warrior logs on, he hasn't really played much the last 2-3 months but today he feels like playing.

A quick test dive down to 2k after redoing his macros, everything seemed ok. Next dive he recalls to his max depth, around 4350 or so. He quickly moves down the stairs and finds himself at 4950 not much later.

He kills a few uniques, Maeglin, Atlas, Smeagol (the mighty) and Carcharoth. Somewhere he finds a Balance DSM that he sells to Karis, the Mage (congratulations on level 50 Karis :))

He recalls back down to 4950, moves around a little, finds one of those rooms with two 1x3 rooms inside, then walks over and opens the door and attempts killing the Greater Balrog inside. He has killed plenty of those in the past. This one however "magically summons greater demons". A lot of them. So when a summoned Pit Fiend "magically summons greater demons" Warrior decides to teleport away.

Anyway... so there I was. A little shocked by things, stuff seemed to happen unusually fast, I spent a tiny second considering my options, I had 12 teleport scrolls, 14 scrolls of *destruction* and plenty of healing pots. I decided to go back and slaughter my enemies.

Tunneling towards them, safely, most of them are "trapped" behind the walls so I can quite safely lure them towards me. And I do.
A Stone to mud on the final wall and I'm facing the Pit Fiend again. The first thing it does is summon a large pack of ancient dragons, then it breathes gas. A Great Hell Wyrm breathes fire.

So what do I do? I quaff a potion of Healing... no! SPEED of course!

Then I proceed to fight the monsters, the Pit Fiend breathes Chaos twice and...

You die.

My ghost ends up next to something hell bent to claw my ghost to shreds and I try to run from it but I fail.

So I spend another second to think things over and decide to suicide my ghost instead of trying to drift up to town.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 21.01.2008, 12:26

Usually when I stop playing for weeks I also end up doing mistakes like this...