Greater Vault at 650 - Way out of depth monsters

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Murdin
Crimson Mold

Greater Vault at 650 - Way out of depth monsters

Post by Murdin » Sun 27.11.2005, 03:51

Rescue attempt turned sour on mangband.org as Murdin at 650 in a greater vault.

Don't laugh, this was amazingly nasty for 650.

Managed to get two of the people in need of help out but died when investigating the vault further, along with Hundeby who I'd just extracted minutes prior. Sigh. Inertia hounds, earth hounds, greater mystic, lich, and the unique Gorlim are still lurking in the mess. If you think you can take on this mess and extract me and my gear from the morass, the easiest way to contact me would likely be through AIM

I'll keep an eye on the server list now and again, I might be on as another character, just send me a line or pop on and idle for a bit if you think you can help, please. It'd be really appreciated!
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Murdin
Crimson Mold

Re: Greater Vault at 650 - Way out of depth monste

Post by Murdin » Sun 27.11.2005, 05:16

Nevermind. Fracasse kindly assisted me. Thanks, Fracasse!
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Greater Vault at 650 - Way out of depth monste

Post by Fink » Sun 27.11.2005, 09:03

Man, that whole deal was a total cluster-f**k. Tobul found the greater vault (a big one), and everyone who came down to help died in there.

Hundeby died twice, both times trying to rescue loot and gear for ghosts. Gorlim got both him and Murdin, a greater mystic spawned in *right next to me* in the vault because we had been on the level too long (so I got fried), and on and on and on... It was hours of tag-team-deaths. Uffda!

-fink