Damn damn damn.

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
serina
Crystal Ooze

Damn damn damn.

Post by serina » Sat 21.03.2009, 08:52

This would've been a record attempt.

Had a lvl 13 mage on Ironman. Found a wand of teleport other. Then at 600 feet I noticed a U with detect monster and some other shapes in a strange pattern formed like a + :) I was sooo happy, but an elder aranea saw me coming, and ended my diabolical scheme in 1 move :(

Why oh why didn't I use the wand from a further distance. I didn't have magic mapping to check where the walls were :(. That means I'm now a dumb dead gnomie.

ZAL

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Damn damn damn.

Post by Warrior » Tue 24.03.2009, 19:26

There's (almost) always room for improvement :) I had a fun couple of dives today on the ironman server and my latest death was quite "damn damn damn", safely hanging around the > at 950 I decided to explore a little, was short on gold... the moment I rounded a corner there came insta confusion and other nasty stuff from mughash thugs, damned shamans...
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Wed 25.03.2009, 06:44

Mughash is one of the most dangerous uniques in ironman. I've been confusion-locked by kobald shamans many times. I have killed him in ironman tho once. He appeared early, so he had no k shaman with him, only small-large. I was a rogue, so I used detect monsters and aggroed only a few ks at a time. With patience I whittled down his army and from the exp killed him. It was sick.

Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Michailski » Fri 27.03.2009, 14:26

My last Speedtrip was killed on 1900 ft with lvl 32 (Ironman). While i was thinking about (if i want an can) get the big Vault there a Eteral Dragon passed the wall (door area) and confused me. I tryed to escape but i had only one Healing and no Staffs remain. I had better left directly because my inventory was allready filled with a lot of special and excellent items. Should be a worth between 100 - 200k if sold. =)

Black Betty died from Hunger at 1500 ft (Ironman). Should be above lvl 27 (don`t remember exactly^^). Bad if you dropped your food and can`t spell satisfy hunger than because your int. is drained.^^

(Chardumps would be nice. Like: "Another Hero the level 29 Dwarf Paladin killed in Ironman by a Half-orc (25 Mar 09)" Each Dump would be earned hard enough.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uAvMey ... r_embedded Three little pigs
My english isnt bad. I am ahead of time. I use the spelling reform of the english language starting 2010.

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Fri 03.04.2009, 01:52

Mugash still makes me think "ITS THE LOOT CONVOY!" due to games played before the shamans were added...

a very unhealthy reflex.
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z