Profiles Erased

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Profiles Erased

Post by Fink » Fri 24.02.2006, 16:49

woow take it easy domino...
If that includes killing you because you annoy the hell out of me so be it.  As long as I don't start killing your level 1 characters over and over (which is specifically against the rules) I'm in the clear
is not me againt you have to anger or take action .. I did not do anynothing, I don;t complign the hacking or anything..I play fair too.
I don;t complaign the PK , but is my thougth, crisom can take it or just leavit, is his server, and all who play here must accept it.

i'm not as good as you , but try to play for fun.

And if that message is for me.. I'll never PK anybody, I don;t like it.. not even for his gear. I prefer to go into the dungeon and find one my self.  Dungeon is challengign enough to be very very funny.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 24.02.2006, 17:52

Something smells fishy. Owen and ApreTon are posting from the same IP address. Hmm. Can you say astroturfing?

I fully understood proxies before you tried to explain them.. and didn't do it very well.

What I'm saying is that if you choose to use proxies, we'll all get frustrated with your annoyances and quit providing you with a wonderful, free game. I'm not going to make and sell you a better game, because quite honestly, I don't like you.

Your justifications don't nullify the fact that what you did was wrong. "Somebody else killed me" and "I just wanted to show off" are your reasons? No, you're incorrect to do that, no matter what, and we admins are just going to come down on you first because you were bragging about it. Don't be an idiot. Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

No matter what you do to try to mask your identity, people will recognize your play style and speech. It's only a matter of time. You can't hide from everyone forever.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Fri 24.02.2006, 17:59

[quote author=Berendol link=board=rescue;num=1140575420;start=45#46 date=02/24/06 at 17:52:26]Two wrongs do NOT make a right.

[/quote]

But three lefts do!

/rimshot
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Fri 24.02.2006, 18:35

Cos apreton and I works in the same enterprise. diferente places, but we use same proxy to post.

check we are more than 2 that post from that Ip.. check my Ip now.. I'm posting from my home and is diferent than the apreton's one.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 24.02.2006, 23:33

You both need to use proxies...? Paranoid much? I should kick you out for the 18 identical copies of the same message in my personal mailbox. ONLY CLICK SEND ONCE AND DO NOT REFRESH!! Man, that was annoying to clear out. Eh, you're ok, it happens.. but only once ;)

[quote author=Big_Juan_Teh_Furby link=board=rescue;num=1140575420;start=45#47 date=02/24/06 at 17:59:30]

But three lefts do!

/rimshot[/quote]

Ha!

Tip your waiters!

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Sat 25.02.2006, 10:14

I Don;t use proxyes to protect my self..  it seems that you don't work in an enterprise, is simple. you have 300 machines only one connection to internet , all the machines need to use same gateway.

This machine is called proxy, so if any of the 300 machines inside the enterprise post in a forum they all will post from the same public IP.

is not a paranoid think..
In my house i don;t use proxyes.. check it out..
NO need to do that , i'm not hidding anything.

ApreTon
Giant House Fly

Post by ApreTon » Sat 25.02.2006, 10:38

Berendol:

I'll try to clear this. I repeat, ApreTon was my only character in mangband, and my only acount in this forum.

Owen is right. I work in the same ienterprise than him. This enterprise has more than 300 PC connected in one internet connection. This must need a proxie server. Everybody that post from work, have same IP in forum's server.
My ISP (internet server provider), at home has dinamyc IP assignation, then my home ip post differs between connections.

Like you see and like i said, I stoped my acctions.
I'm only reading forum and I post when the situation require it.

Gretting.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Sat 25.02.2006, 10:53

Thanks apreton fo clarify that situation..
I hope all that post near and in a non working time.. check the Ips now.

Murdin
Crimson Mold

Post by Murdin » Sat 25.02.2006, 14:03

Good lord, I feel like a high school english teacher. I want to scribble all over some of these posts with a red corrections pen....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we all knew what an ISP is, especially Berendol, no need to clarify that. 95% of the people that play Mangband are going to be pretty computer-savvy in the first place. It's not exactly a game for the masses.
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Sat 25.02.2006, 14:54

Sorry Murdin, but we are not english speakers, we speak spanish, is dificult sometime to write in english, conjugate verbs, to make us undestand.

I know that Berendol ,Crimson and Domino , bigJuan , etc.. known about networks.
So they are smart enought to understand why two people that works in the same enterprise  behind the same proxy server, have the same Ip when post from there.
So when Berendol said
You both need to use proxies...? Paranoid much?
Is not a paranoia, we use a proxy in our work cos is the only way we can acces internet from there.

And BTW I personaly , owen don't use proxys or NAT or anything to PLAY MANGBAND, and I only PLAY from my home private Internet connection, i don't need to  hide anything and i play fair. I do not hack servers , and I do not try to guess passwords, and I DO NOT complaign or justify what apreton did , I only try to understand his actions.

So Berendol, you are doing wrong presuming than i do thing wrong, don't forget that Owen and ApreTon are not the same person!.. thanks god !!!! ;)

And murdin, sorry , and if you find a gruesome error in ours post, and want to let us know that, do it. it will help to improve out english.

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Sat 25.02.2006, 15:15

Thats true Owen.  We speak spanish, in my case my english is poor because i learn english reading books, internet pages, technical information, etc.  If someone can correct me and correct our english, please do it, it can help to write better in the future and speak as you  :P

what do u think about it?  ::)

And, Apreton and Owen are very different persons.  I know both.  Both are excellents persons but both has different characteriscts.  Owen is very very nervous person, he crash all in your step  ;D, and Apreton is very patient and a serious person but funny.  :P
We call "Dunga or Dunguen" to Owen and "Pato Pijudo" to ApreTon.  The translations may be to do for you ;D ;D
My Co-Workers call me, Newbie. (im younger than my co-worker).  All my Co-workers are 30 years old or more (too old, hehe).. im only 25 years old :)

Regards, and GG for all  ;D
-*-*-*- Argentinian team working for mangband -*-*-*-
We haven't access to mangband, but we are working for it...

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Sat 25.02.2006, 17:00

Oh, sometimes I forget that some companies do that. Usually when I hear "proxy" I think "paranoid home user using anonymizing proxy". Most places I've worked could afford and knew how to obtain their own block of IP addresses, so we always had static addresses. I didn't understand that you were playing from your job.

How fortunate that you are allowed to use the company network for a game! Not many companies allow unfiltered Internet access to their employees these days.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Sat 25.02.2006, 19:19

We can not play in mangband.org in our job, we only post in the forums.

As you say they allow us to use ONLY 80 for HTTP access.
So we have our own linux box with a mangband server there to practise. :D

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Sun 26.02.2006, 09:32

Really, we can access to mangband.org but throught VPN.  But our lag is terrible, it make impossible to play from our work.  The solution was mount a mangband server in a linux box in our job to play here.  And we havent lag to play.  We can post in forums throught HTTP :)
Our proxy has opened ports 80 and 443.  80 for HTTP pages and 443 for HTTPs pages, but we use 443 for multiples purposes, ICQ, MSN, VPN, etc :)
The magic of the technology allow it :)))))
We haven't access to mangband, but we are working for it...

Jinx
Battle-Scarred Veteran

Post by Jinx » Sun 26.02.2006, 16:26

Well, thats all. Ice kill me because he want to know if I have Angus Staff (?) 20 seconds after i log in the game..

Really, im bored about this, so i decide to commit suicide and never play again, at least over this server..

thnxs,
 Jinx