Really REALLY bad luck...

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
serina
Crystal Ooze

Really REALLY bad luck...

Post by serina » Mon 29.06.2009, 22:11

You feel yourself yanked downwards!
You have a very good feeling...
Morgoth, Lord of Darkness casts a nether ball.
Morgoth, Lord of Darkness invokes a mana storm.
You die.

RIP Induriel...

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Really REALLY bad luck...

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 30.06.2009, 11:17

You have a very bad feeling...
Morgoth, Lord of Darkness casts a nether ball.
Morgoth, Lord of Darkness invokes a mana storm.
You die.

Sounds more appropriate...

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Tue 30.06.2009, 11:43

set verbose to 0 and you get only the importan stuff

You die.

.... ok i did not really contribute to the subject. question is should this "bad luck" be possible to happen?

At least he got rescued so nothing is lost hopefully...

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Tue 30.06.2009, 13:14

well, from what i heard him say, is he forgot to inscribe the WoR scroll correctly, so was not prepared at all for morgy depth. 100% off gaurd. So this could have easily occured over several turns...and posibly dieing moments after you enter a lvl in morgy depth *is* a risk that you take when you go down to that depth...
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

mreggiardo
Scruffy-Looking Hobbit

Post by mreggiardo » Tue 11.08.2009, 19:46

Bad luck..
My last dead...

I was figthing Waldern.. i was having a very hard time... but managing the situation, i do 4 aproachs, and last time i almost kill him.
But at one moment i've to run, so press my panic key. I was teleported in 1.. in front a pack a ligth hounds..
I really scared, they blind me, But I quaf some potions, a couple of rifts and they were gone..
i was in 2, and safe...
for 1/2 a second.. i see medusa, running to me at higth speed.. I try to press the panic key and she summons hydras around me that kill me instantly.
that's not all...
i was so , so confused, that i continue presing the up key, so my ghost move from his safe location.. and some angry ghost start hitting me, that force me to dive upwards to the town, loosing all my equipment.

That's not all.. I just came back to town, to realize that i've no money in my house, because the gold bug.
lol, this is also bad luck.

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Wed 12.08.2009, 14:17

schroeder wrote:well, from what i heard him say, is he forgot to inscribe the WoR scroll correctly, so was not prepared at all for morgy depth. 100% off gaurd. So this could have easily occured over several turns...and posibly dieing moments after you enter a lvl in morgy depth *is* a risk that you take when you go down to that depth...
But every game should offer you a fair chance (in all situations). Moving down to the dungeon and be immediately obliterated by the end boss is not fair. like rolling a 1000-sided dice and on a 1 all that will be left of you will be your rotting cadaver on 6350 ft :)