RL Fails

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
BeNutz
Squint-Eyed Rogue

RL Fails

Post by BeNutz » Wed 08.09.2010, 11:33

After reading some interesting posts, I realized that many a player has fallen victim to in game bugs, but what about rl bugs? Anyone nearing the age of 21 should be catching my drift about now. I know I generally only play while intoxicated and my characters usually reflect that. This makes me prone to many rl fails that are... well... funny. So I would like to share the most recent one with you guys. Here we go.

Schroder, Emulord and myself were hanging out in rl, quaffing some rl potions of stupidity when we came to the unanimous decision that playing mangband would be a great idea. Quickly Schroder and i hijacked the nearest visible computers, downloaded mangband and rolled near identical half troll paladins to see just how far we could dive. Thus, my character SoCo came into existence. After blowing through the first couple hundred feet, Schroder became very insistent that if we were strong enough to kill some monsters on our own without tag teaming them, our party is then definitely strong enough to dive further!!! After drunkenly wandering off a couple times and consequently inciting cries of DOWN STAIRS!!! from Schroder the fearless party leader, we ended up face to face with an orc pit at 300 ft, us both at lvl 8. After doing a few quick non biased calculations, we decided we liked our chances of charging straight in. About 3 seconds later we double checked the math and as 6's became 2's we changed our minds. Fortunately there was a rather near < that we I decided to run to. By we, i simply mean me. Schroder, the fearless half troll pally that he was, decided to keep pressing the attack. Essentially what happened from there was we kept running into each other and changing our minds between wanting to attack and retreat. It turns out that a one space wide corridor is not very conducive to standard drunk half-troll pally fighting techniques. We both were cut down in the orcish onslaught =(

All in all, it was a rather hilarious dive and I hope to see many similar RL fails from other like minded players.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: RL Fails

Post by Thorbear » Wed 08.09.2010, 13:15

BeNutz wrote:Essentially what happened from there was we kept running into each other and changing our minds between wanting to attack and retreat. It turns out that a one space wide corridor is not very conducive to standard drunk half-troll pally fighting techniques. We both were cut down in the orcish onslaught =(
Hilariously epic! xD I can totally picture that, and it makes me laugh xD
I am Thorbear...