The Life of a Mage

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

The Life of a Mage

Post by Maegdae » Sat 08.03.2003, 06:41

Today I decided to start a mage.  It took a bit of time to get off the ground, but a VERY lucky find of a +2 westie broad sword really helped out.  Certainly a nice find at level 10 or so, and between that and the stat rings I bought I was quite well set.   
 So, there I was at level 16, diving with a ranger,  when I found a nice little vault.  As we were cleaning it, I ran into a green dragon fly stuck behind a manticore, breathing like a crazed insect. (which it was)
 Ok, low hp is bad.  Low hp and poisoned, worse.  But, a cure light wounds staff solves things.
Right?
Things aren't getting solved here..   5 hp.. 4hp.. 3 hp.. 2 hp.. 1 hp.. 0 hp..

ERROR! TRIED TO USE NON-STAFF OBJECT

Reminder to self: Do not dive when lag is bad. There is a tendency of important commands to arrive just a little too late.  
 Well, a few mins. later, it seemed as if the lag had gone away.  After clearing out random monsters, my char was hurt.. just bad enough for a StegoCentipede to be pretty scary.  But upstairs solves such problems, right? Upstairs? Upstairs? Oh No! Not Again!  The command just isn't getting through..
 Oh No! Now the command gets through!
"You rise through the ceiling."
Well, there goes westie, stat rings, etc, nothing much left for this char..
CNTRL C
Q
@

so goes the life of a mage
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z