"Please" and "Thank You"s

All your questions answered.
CloneDeath
Orc Zombie

"Please" and "Thank You"s

Post by CloneDeath » Wed 08.07.2009, 15:48

Some helpful and good advice for new players:
Remember to say thank you when someone helps you out.

Last night, some Player died. We shall call him "Billy Mays" (You know who you are >_<).

Now, I would have gone down there to save him, but there was a 120% probability I would die before I got there (low level) so TimTek volunteered to go down.

After Billy Mays died twice (geez, when I say that the joke gets even worse >_<) and TimTek raised him (both times), he forgot to say thanks, and Ashi got a little mad/sarcastic (no flaming, just a "You are welcome for me totally going out of my way to [etc]...").

Of course, Billy Mays wasn't ungrateful, he just forgot to say Thanks. Which is appreciated much more than you'd think, especially when someone goes out of their way to try and help you.

So to reiterate: Remember to say thank you when someone helps you out.

P.S. I am not trying to insist that "Billy Mays" is a newbie, this is just some advice that he reminded me of that I thought might be useful to newcomers. The community is pretty friendly (and silly @_@. Badger + hotdog?)
Last edited by CloneDeath on Thu 09.07.2009, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

timtek
Giant House Fly

Re: "Please" and "Thank You"s

Post by timtek » Thu 09.07.2009, 04:25

rofl that wasn't ashi, it was me, timtek. That was a tough rescue, the level was crawling with nasties, but I had fun doin it. I totally agree with you though, if someone's helping you out at least say thanks. It makes them want to help you in the future. "Billy" died again recently and I coulda helped but this time I stayed on my "superb" level.