What to play III: Other combinations and bad ideas

All your questions answered.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

What to play III: Other combinations and bad ideas

Post by Berendol » Fri 31.01.2003, 03:37

Obviously there are many other possible combinations than what I have mentioned in earlier posts. If you want to try archery, I suggest a Half-Elf Ranger. They get a small subset of the Mage utility spells at much later levels. If you'd like to play a defensive spellcaster and get all your prayers earlier, play a Dwarf Priest.

I'd generally avoid human characters because they don't have any special abilities or resistances. They're kinda the reference point - all bonuses to their stats are zero. They are easier than any other race to level up, but that will only help you in your youth (until level 20.)

Do try to avoid Dunedain and High-Elves until you've learned good fighting strategies for later on in the game. Although they have great stats and intrinsic abilities, their required experience levels are very high compared to the other races. Weigh the pros and cons very carefully if you are tempted to play one of these. (In a nutshell, they'll be powerful for their level but they will take forever to level up.)
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: What to play III: Other combinations and bad i

Post by Domino » Fri 31.01.2003, 11:51

You forgot the ultimate in 'Bad Ideas' [TM] ...
The Half-Troll Mage
King of the Hill Baby!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: What to play III: Other combinations and bad i

Post by Berendol » Sat 01.02.2003, 18:29

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that! *slaps forehead* I played one once, and I think you did also, am I right?
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)