Signature

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Signature

Post by Michailski » Sun 22.02.2009, 22:43

I wonder about the Signature. If i put my own or your examples they dont work. If i put them into the Text or the browser they are okay. Why ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uAvMey ... r_embedded Three little pigs
My english isnt bad. I am ahead of time. I use the spelling reform of the english language starting 2010.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Signature

Post by Warrior » Tue 24.02.2009, 13:51

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think I changed some forum settings for signatures because of a certain users very annoying signature picture, I'll check later :)
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Michailski » Wed 25.02.2009, 20:27

Okay. Tny. =)

If you are interested: At Neocron Forum "bad" Signatures/Posts/Avatars would removed with a Comment like "removed for violation of the forum rules". If anyone means to repeat he could be banned starting with 72 hours till permanent. Of course it wasnt needet often. The knowlege about the risk was allmost enough to accept the rules.

I think the rules are usual. But i don`t know it because i am only at these two Forums. ^^
http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=52

My english isnt bad. I am ahead of time. I use the spelling reform of the english language starting 2010.

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Fri 27.02.2009, 23:31

Actually, we disabled graphical signatures on purpose. To keep things clean, maintain noise-to-signal ratio and keep the forum style cohesive. You may notice, that graphical smileys are disabled too.

Prosper
Human Zombie

Post by Prosper » Sun 01.03.2009, 00:00

This is OFF topic but this topic ain't very important anyways ...

I request the @ sign for paladins in the forum user info to be CYAN and not WHITE !!!

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Sun 01.03.2009, 02:44

REQUEST GRANTED!!!

Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Michailski » Wed 18.03.2009, 13:34

I am not really shure if my translation prog is kidding me or if you two do (okay, i am shure Prosper is kidding me.). Maybe i am unable to understand because i get wrong translation. Since i readed the Posts of you two here i get angry if i enter the forum. And thats why i did no more posts since 15 days.
All i understand is you wan`t your Forum clean ? No problem.

I don't have to build a Banner for YOUR Game. I can delete it.
I don't have to offer the Banner here. I can remove it.
I didn`t used Smilies. (easy to use with Img). Nothing to do.
I can remove my Chars from my Profile if you want.
Prosper wrote:This is OFF topic but this topic ain't very important anyways ...

I request the @ sign for paladins in the forum user info to be CYAN and not WHITE !!!
What a luck that it doesn`t depend on you what is important and what not. But i am shure you wouldn`t post it here if your browser would not crash all the time because of the wrong colour of the paladin Image.
Oh.. Maybe you don`t know how to open your own Threat. Simply press the "Newtopic*" Button.

Nothing for bad but like i said. I open here and i am p*ssed again.

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Wed 18.03.2009, 13:43

I don't understand what you're saying man, but it seems you're offended somehow. Please believe me it has nothing to do against you, and we do appreciate your banner - which is more suited for "mangband art" thread, than a signature. Once again, thanks for taking your time in making it, contributions like that are always welcome :)

[offtopic]As for Prosper not starting a new thread, I guess he could've... [/offtopic]

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Thu 19.03.2009, 01:54

Hey guys ;)

Not a banner / signature fan myself but Iam really with Michalski on this one here - It was is asked for an art competition and now people start to deliver and then...

Maybe you should rethink the decision of "banning" graphics in the forum as a signature. I mean you asked for user involvement now you got it. Don't send the people back home. What use is a signature banner if you are cannot use it? Should he print it and nail the thing over his bed? ;)

I think banning signatures - only the reasonable ones - is over the line - We live in the ages where bandwidth is not really the matter and I am every user can disable signatures in his/her personal control center if they want it tidy and clean or with signatures.

Also words in a signature can also be "offending" think of those stupid signature-bunnies that want to be spreaded... So instead of a stupid "image" i could put in some stupid "text".

Just my 2 cents :)

PS:
display options for this forum. I think preferences can be nicely fine tuned:

Display images within posts:
Display Flash animations:
Display smilies as images:
Display signatures:
Display avatars:
Enable word censoring:

PPS: Sorry if it sounded a little harsh, but it's sad to see that small things cause such an uprising. Also it's late :)) Good night!
PPPS: It's really late, re-read the thread and adjusted my text to become more friendlier