Any DM Command list?

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
AndyNPC
Squint-Eyed Rogue

Any DM Command list?

Post by AndyNPC » Sat 27.02.2010, 05:22

Why hello there Mangband community! I used to play this game a while back, and for a moment I thought you didn't exist anymore. Boy did I have some fun times with it back in the day... Anyways, I recently rediscovered the game and decided to run a private server for my chums and I to frolic upon. That turned out to be a smashing success.

However... There doesn't seem to be a list of the DM commands anywhere obvious. I heard something about Shift+6 somewhere but that didn't tell me much. So if anybody would be so kind as to educate this poor old fool on how to play the DM I would be much grateful. Maybe as a reward I will spin you a yarn of tales from the old days!

Thanks in advanced, you cool helpful kids!

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Any DM Command list?

Post by Warrior » Sat 27.02.2010, 16:24

Hi Andy!

Yes, correct, Shift 6 is the right place to go, but you'll only have access to the commands here if you use the user defined as the Dungeon Master (DUNGEON_MASTER_NAME) in your mangband.cfg file. If you're able to compile yourself you should be able to download some more exciting versions from our svn (mangband.org/developer for more info) with a vastly more powerful DM menu.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

AndyNPC
Squint-Eyed Rogue

Post by AndyNPC » Sat 27.02.2010, 21:31

I hate to be a bother but I must ask, what exactly can one do once in DM mode? All I seem to get is a "Command:" message at the top of the screen. I've tried playing with a few keys on there but all I've accomplished is killing myself and closing the client. I'm pretty sure I set up the DM name right since they started at level 50, unless there is something else I somehow missed.

EDIT: Well it turns out the command is really Shift 7 for me. Must be a difference in the keyboard.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sun 28.02.2010, 11:16

Ah. Yes. Sorry. Should have specified it is the "&" key (at least on my keyboard).
-- Mangband Project Team Member

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 01.03.2010, 13:08

Don't forget the console. You can do some nifty things with it...

AndyNPC
Squint-Eyed Rogue

Post by AndyNPC » Mon 01.03.2010, 23:09

Zaxx wrote:Don't forget the console. You can do some nifty things with it...
You have peeked my interest. Please tell me more about this "console".

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 02.03.2010, 21:19

AndyNPC wrote:
Zaxx wrote:Don't forget the console. You can do some nifty things with it...
You have peeked my interest. Please tell me more about this "console".
http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1770