So I was with my warrior at 2250 minding my business.

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
serina
Crystal Ooze

So I was with my warrior at 2250 minding my business.

Post by serina » Wed 27.02.2008, 04:01

I recalled down to 2250 with my 35th lvl warrior, and quickly found an untimely death next to the Sire of Werewolves.

My ghost ended up near some gravity hounds naturally.. Duh. And I fled into the walls. Then a Will o'Wisp comes charging in, confuses me, and I log out as a 4, keeping my fingers crossed that all is well.

Then I send down my priest to remedy the whole mess and see what was up. At the lvl I encounter several Drolems, I killed the Sire of Werewolves after he summoned a Great Wyrm of Thunder that I killed and alot of other stuff that I had to get rid of.

Then out of nowhere, Saruman comes charging in. after a huge battle with Saruman resulting in him being a chicken and porting away, I went back to the business at hand, trying to get to my warriors gear.

OOPS! I'm outta speed potions. Short trip to town to remedy, and then back down.

A Black Reaver (which was there from the start detected by my warriors ESP, but me being a newbie, not recognizing the black letter L as being a hazard) comes charging at me all of the sudden. So I retreat some, and try killing him while staying alive. Turns out he ended up summoning Dreads inside the walls. I was doing fine, till they drained my STR, and I ended up being -7 SLOW as my potion of speed stopped. Then teleported myself away and recovered while fighting some minor D's. Heh.

My warriors gear still lying there behind the Black Reaver glaring at me, so I decided to give it another go (I had the black reaver down to 3 stars when I ported away). I then teleported the Black Reaver away, because he charged me with all the dreads, and I knew how that was going, so I didn't risk it.

All in all I rescued my warrior, made it out. I found out that the warrior had lost Green DSM, crown of Telepathy, Gloves of Power and some minor stuff, but luckily kept his Broad Sword of EA, Orchish Shield (+2) some decent stuff.

Dreadful tale, but I'm proud I killed Draugluin, Sire of All Werewolves (Umber 'C')
=== Num:541 Lev:83 Rar:2 Spd:+20 Hp:7000 Ac:90 Exp:40000

with a priest that's never been below 2250 FT and without any speed.

ZAL