STORY - Ironman (Welcome to lvl 15, 16 and 17, 1 monster)

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
serina
Crystal Ooze

STORY - Ironman (Welcome to lvl 15, 16 and 17, 1 monster)

Post by serina » Sat 15.03.2008, 20:52

So there I was, minding my business at 500 FT, as a 16th level dwarven priest, on the Ironman server. All of the sudden, I notice something breathing on me, and my HP dropping like mad. So I portal away, and watch at the message-window:

- It breathes plasma.

So I thought to myself. This can't be a hound, cause then I'd be dead, so it has to be a vortex. (plasma vortex lives deep (1850, so this one was 1350 FT outta depth).

I'm weilding a *slay undead* with +2 WIS (18/60 WIS, 32 mana, gotta have some luck), so decided to go back and see if the good old orb can deal with the sucker.

So I rush in, take 3 hard breaths in my face, and manage to portal away as a 2. That's no good. But I decided that you live and learn, so I gave it another go.

3rd time, I managed to orb myself down to 3 mana and then run behind a corner, and the vortex was down to about 4-5 stars, so I figured it should be possible, as it breathes for less the more damage it has... I rested up and went back to it, orbed it alot, and then ported away as a 2 again.

5th time is a charm, so I orbed it down to 1 star, and meleed it down. To my surprise I gained 3 lvls from killing it. I had about 1600XP prior to the battle, and 3800 after the battle. What a nasty chance I took, but it was alot of fun, which is kinda the point, right?

ZAL

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sat 15.03.2008, 23:07

Thats great work and you got rewarded well :)
Risky of course, but then again, pushing your limits is what makes you become better at what you do :)

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Sun 16.03.2008, 23:05

I later died to an ochre jelly. I opened the door to a pit, silly me, and my mana got drained. I never managed to escape even with my speed potion. Mana stayed at 0, cause a hasted Shambling Mound kept following. Horrible decision I made, really... Die and learn? Hehe.

ZAL