Player Statistics / Top 5's

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Jug
King Lich

Player Statistics / Top 5's

Post by Jug » Wed 09.04.2008, 11:09

Checkout the stats page for fun statistics. See who's the fastest leveler, the hardest diver, etc. Have fun trying to be the best for your chosen category. :)

We can perhaps run some competitions a little later too!

Any suggestions for other stats we could show? Top 5's or whatever. I know there have been some good suggestions in irc already, but it would be nice to capture them here too.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Player Statistics / Top 5's

Post by Warrior » Wed 09.04.2008, 12:22

Lowest level killer of monster x with link to the fight!
(from first hit of the monster to "you have slain").

It could include all monsters in the game (linked up to the complete monster list in mangband.org/Info maybe) or made part of the ladder itself (a special monster ladder maybe :))
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Jug
King Lich

Post by Jug » Wed 09.04.2008, 12:42

Lowest level killer of monster x with link to the fight!
(from first hit of the monster to "you have slain").
I think this would be cool. Although I think we shall restrict it to uniques only to prevent our database system becoming overloaded! :)

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Wed 09.04.2008, 14:50

I am feeling already like I am being monitored in a public surveilance system :) But no I dont ask now for an option not to participate in the ladder. Who don't like it should not look :)

Honestly I think the whole statistic dumping is overkill :) But here we go:

Regarding statistic ideas:
Characters with the most artifacts in inventory
No. 100.000 gamerounds in town
No. of resurrections
Monsters slain today (list of monsters that the (or all) player(s) slain the last 24h) 500x orcs, 1x morgoth etc.
Players and the number of houses
Amount of Coins invested in shops
Server up & downtime in % :)
Last reboot
Last instance reset
Random quote of the day (just picking a random line of the public chat) or smth like that :)

If you click on "heroes" it would be funny to see all names.

---

Maybe a "small" char dump for alive characters can be printed. E.g. w/o the inventory and stats, so PvP is not ruined - though i never saw it :)

Jug
King Lich

Post by Jug » Wed 09.04.2008, 17:39

There are a couple of caveats. We don't want any stats which are negative, "slowest this" or "worst that". Also we don't want to invade privacy of living characters too much.
No. of resurrections
This sorta falls into the negative category, although this information is available thru the irc bot in #mangband.
Monsters slain today (list of monsters that the (or all) player(s) slain the last 24h) 500x orcs, 1x morgoth etc.
Slain monsters is a traditional in-game feature, so there will probably be something happening in-game for this, later on.
Players and the number of houses
I wouldn't like to see people compete for who owns the most houses, that would help aggravate the coming housing shortage.
Amount of Coins invested in shops
The top 5 richest characters is something which will probably make an appearance, this could include contents of houses.
Last reboot
This is irrelevant to gameplay but if you're interested the last reboot of the virtual machine was 34 days ago. The last reboot of the physical server was 144 days ago.
If you click on "heroes" it would be funny to see all names
This is a great idea, the list of people killed by any given monster will shortly be appearing on that monsters info page :)

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Wed 09.04.2008, 21:42

A list of the richest players might be interesting, but I don't know how many living players would want that information to be shown.

Here's a positive version of the resurrection stats: how about a list of the top players who have resurrected someone else?