About the online macro-maker

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
serina
Crystal Ooze

About the online macro-maker

Post by serina » Wed 21.05.2008, 10:11

Hellow. I think this is a great tool. There are a few confusing elements with it tho...

- When you set up a standard ranged weapon fire, it tells you to inscribe the scroll with @r instead of the ammo you wish to fire.

- F12-key isn't in the setup to be used.

I might add more to this later when I mess aroud some more with it.

ZAL

Flambard
King Vampire

Re: About the online macro-maker

Post by Flambard » Wed 21.05.2008, 20:22

Thanks for reports, please *do* add more :) I'll try to fix those as they come by.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Thu 22.05.2008, 09:22

Few more things.

- I cannot overwrite a file I've already shared. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or if I could login with my forum logon and then be able to edit my own macro files...

- keys like "YNæåø'½§" that aren't used by Mangband, cannot be macroed.

- I use 4 slots for my *Destruct* staff, so I'm sure I hit the right button in a panic. The macro maker forces each staff macro to a new staff (@u1 macro 1. @u2 macro 2) instead of duplicating @u1 @u1 @u1... I guess I'm just silly having that many keys for the same staff...

ZAL

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Thu 22.05.2008, 14:09

serina wrote: - I use 4 slots for my *Destruct* staff, so I'm sure I hit the right button in a panic. The macro maker forces each staff macro to a new staff (@u1 macro 1. @u2 macro 2) instead of duplicating @u1 @u1 @u1... I guess I'm just silly having that many keys for the same staff...
This one is easy, enter `advanced mode` (bottom right corner) then click on 1 in those rows of numbers next to your *Destruct*s :)
serina wrote: - keys like "YNæåø'½§" that aren't used by Mangband, cannot be macroed.
I'm not sure what should I do to help you! Can you create a macro file from mangband client with those keys? So I can get their codes and stuff..
serina wrote: - I cannot overwrite a file I've already shared. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or if I could login with my forum logon and then be able to edit my own macro files...
Forum logins (sadly) have nothing to do with macro maker, but it's a great idea to tie them :) I'll take a look at overwriting issue, last time I tried it worked fine..
Edit: I just tried. You should click 'overwrite' when it says 'file allready exists'

Thanks and keep those reports coming :)

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Thu 22.05.2008, 15:23

I did click overwrite, but when I reloaded the file, it was the old one that showed.

ZAL

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Fri 06.06.2008, 14:46

How can i macro other keys i see only F1-F12 and some special keys.
The gui is to big. The add buttons should be on top because you always have to scroll down if you want to add a lot of macros.
There should be "templates" where good keys are suggested.
After saving my macros, the "ins" key became some code for me. (see acenoidtest2.prf)
Last edited by Ace on Fri 06.06.2008, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Fri 06.06.2008, 15:08

Okay for the keys, please tell me what keys exactly do you want..

For keys like "YNæåø'½§" I'll have to ask you to send me a macro file with them, because I have no idea what their codes would be.

For 'normal' keys, just name them, I can check them on my PC :)