To Morgoth!!! (Previously known as Thinking of lulz)

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Thinking of lulz

Post by schroeder » Wed 26.11.2008, 06:15

And then Power Dragon Scale Mail...What the frick, RNG...*thank* you.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 26.11.2008, 13:19

I was about to say "post your gear here so that we can see if you're ready for Morgoth", but considering that your character appears as a level 2 half troll warrior in the right panel now, it's probably too late...

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Wed 26.11.2008, 18:47

I'm not taking on morgoth till next week, so that I will have better internet (at my dorm) and friends to watch. I have no idea what you saw. Here is my geer:
The Long Sword 'Ringil' (4d5) (+22,+25)(+10 to speed)
A Long bow of the Lothlorien (X4)(+26,+21)(+2){telepathy}
ring of speed +14
ring of damage +17
amulet of the Moon(+5,+5)(+3)
The Arkenstone of Thrain
Power Dragon Scail Mail [40,+23]
Kola of Stealth[3,+19](+2)
Orkish shield of resist acid[5,+22](+2)
The Iron Crown of Gorlim (+8,+8)[5,+15](-5 int wis)
The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2)
Soft leather boots of speed [2,+15](+8)

That is my planed geer for morgoth.
Max str con, 140 dex.
Last edited by schroeder on Sat 29.11.2008, 20:52, edited 5 times in total.

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Thu 27.11.2008, 06:17

Kolla of Stealth? Can't you find a better one?
You aggro anyway, so stealth doesnt matter.

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Thu 27.11.2008, 08:24

heh, its just of stealth because it was the highest AC one that was +2.
And I actually no longer agro. I did some trading with asci, and I'm gonna try and double move morgoth. Recheck my geer.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 27.11.2008, 13:17

This set of gear is unbalanced. Speed +47 is useless since speed caps around +45 in term of energy cost, after that it only helps in term of running faster. Remove a speed ring and use a damage ring instead. At +35 speed, you still can get the maximum benefit from energy cost by quaffing speed pots, and the +15 to-dam from a ring would increase your melee damage by a good amount.

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Thu 27.11.2008, 18:53

Ok i made some edits to my geer. If i were to take on morgoth right now, I would have+106 to hit, +75 to damage, +42 speed, 1186HP, sustain str dex con, and I would be only quaffing *healing* and life pots(I have like 60 *healing* and 14 life).

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: To Morgoth!!! (Previously known as Thinking of lulz)

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 28.11.2008, 12:00

Having plain heals is a good idea. Spam them as soon as you see yourself as a 6. Use *heal* when you see yourself as 5 or worse.
However, seeing the stats of your char, I don't think the fight will last long enough to use your *heals*... I wish my warrior was that strong.

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Fri 28.11.2008, 12:13

PowerWyrm wrote:Having plain heals is a good idea. Spam them as soon as you see yourself as a 6. Use *heal* when you see yourself as 5 or worse.
However, seeing the stats of your char, I don't think the fight will last long enough to use your *heals*... I wish my warrior was that strong.
For what it's worth, I highly suggest you stick with *heal* and life. You've got more than enough to heal whenever you're a 6, and it means you can avoid this scenario:

*morgoth mana bolts*
*press heal*
*morgoth manastorms*
*heal goes off*
*press heal again*
*morgoth manastorms*

You probably have a lower ping than I do (and might not have to worry about this), but I still can't see an upside to bringing healing pots.
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Fri 28.11.2008, 13:18

PowerWyrm wrote:However, seeing the stats of your char, I don't think the fight will last long enough to use your *heals*... I wish my warrior was that strong.
Wow, this really makes me feel *good*... That made me kinda calm about fighting him.

Now my only question is how should I get him to me? I know I want to use a permawall vault, I heard about using staffs of summoning to get him here. I'm just not sure what I would do after that. Would I phase door out of there so that I could then quaff/read all my buffs? Or should I try a permawall vault with some strait space in it, and do as follows:
##############
#@++%P
########
This was a sugestion I got, so I could teleport him away.
I also thought of maybe bringing a friend of mine down, giving him a better speed ring, an amulet of trickery, and a +6 con ring, and having him be just there to banish evil so morgoth will be teleported somewhere in the lvl.

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Fri 28.11.2008, 18:38

Ok so I got gorlim from Nubnub. My saving throw is now supurb instead of heroic. I dont think it matters. If someone else really thinks it does, i could weild a +6 wisdom amulet instead of weponmastery.
So now I have ***str, 140 dex, 200 con, all 3 sustained. 6bpr, (all the following is buffed),+110 to hit,+83 to damage,169AC, +41 speed.
I could weild an trickery amulet instead of weponmastery. Then, I would hav ***str, 170 dex, 200 con, all 3 sustained, 6bpr, (buffed) +109hit,+78dam,172AC, 44 speed.
I could also incrase my saving throw and have a +6 wis amu on, which decreases my original hit and damage by 4 and 5, respectively. Just want to know what people think is best. I'm not very bright, i only have 18 int now.LOL.

Prosper
Human Zombie

Post by Prosper » Sun 30.11.2008, 00:28

Ouch Shreoder I hope you got rescued I saw on ladder you died to aether hounds today. If you lost your gear.. it sux.

nubnub
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by nubnub » Sun 30.11.2008, 03:25

NOOO!!

D:

Well, I hope you got your gear. :1

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Sun 30.11.2008, 07:41

Heh, yeah, I got my geer back. All except my amulet, which I replaced right after with one I found in a player shop that was better for me! +5+5 amulet of the moon, vs +4+5(+3) amulet of weponmastery. Lol at the moon being better since I already have max str!

But yeah, that was why I didn't want to dive anymore, and just wanted to go take on morgoth; i didn't want something like that to happen. Their was some balance dsm in that Z vault (PW got it as a reward for rescuing me right away), and it looked like all the enamies were week, so I ran down the hall to it. I neglected, however, to see the lone p...freaking grans master mystics...And he summoned one of the few things that can kill me. And the bad thing is, I could have had time to *destruct*, but I'm so used to Z summons being nothing to worry about, that I didn't panic quick enough.
This is probably going to push back my morgoth fight to next weekend, just cus of unique killing prep-time, since I'm gonna be back in school next week.

Bad news: I now have to kill all uniques that are cantoras or stronger again, and I lost 15 *healing* pots

Good news: I have all my geer still and I'm still lvl 50, and I still probably have like 60 *healing* pots.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 01.12.2008, 12:52

How the hell do you get +110 to hit? That sounds amazing...
BTW forget about teleporting morgoth away. He would restore to full HP before coming back. And don't rely too much on permawalled vaults unless you have huge AC because the quaking hits will push you outside of the vault. It's nice but not great. If you can, just fight morgoth in a level corner: dig a corridor and wait next to the level boundaries... morgoth will quake and take care of his own summons.