To Morgoth!!! (Previously known as Thinking of lulz)

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: To Morgoth!!! (Previously known as Thinking of lulz)

Post by Maegdae » Mon 01.12.2008, 19:06

PowerWyrm wrote:How the hell do you get +110 to hit? That sounds amazing...
BTW forget about teleporting morgoth away. He would restore to full HP before coming back. And don't rely too much on permawalled vaults unless you have huge AC because the quaking hits will push you outside of the vault. It's nice but not great. If you can, just fight morgoth in a level corner: dig a corridor and wait next to the level boundaries... morgoth will quake and take care of his own summons.
I was given this advice before my first Morg attempt.

It was, without question, the worst advice I've ever received in Mangband.
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Mon 01.12.2008, 19:23

For my +110 to hit, remember, thats with buffs (64 without), and I have tons of epic gear.
Mmh...Well I want to have ascii get a video of this, and also, from what you just said, I don't think that this is how I want to do it.
I'm thinking I will probably want to do it in a hidden, 3-layer cake vault. Cus ascii can watch safely, and also I can earthquake as he gets close to mele range (i'll have a door in front of me and 2 runes behind me) so that he won't summon stuff behind him. I really think (but I don't know) that quaking will be fine. From the way the way the monster attack spoilers sound, that sounds like the best option. I really don't know how quaking works in mangband though, and it could be verry different.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Tue 02.12.2008, 01:31

1 quick piece of advice. If you get time after a quake, redraw the screen with ctrl r. Walls etc. Are sometimes messed up after a quake. At least on my client on XP.

ZAL

Allona
Hobgoblin

Post by Allona » Sat 13.12.2008, 04:33

wow bud youwon pretty good job, maybe can i come next time.