I came back after two month just to get shot in the face

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Kom
Giant Long-Eared Bat

I came back after two month just to get shot in the face

Post by Kom » Fri 06.02.2009, 06:01

So after coming on after being away from playing MAngband for a while, i remembered the stuff i left out for that wilderness hunt. I figured, hey, i might as well go and get it before i start up again since apparently no one else has. With that i recalled to the correct location, picked my stuff up and read a recall scroll. As i waited, i moved north, thinking i had left a little extra thing in the location above that place in the wilderness. Upon leaving one section and entering another, i was immediately breathed on by 22 Ethereal Hounds. Needless to say, I died instantaneously. That being my main character and all, i was quite pissed and left my ghost and stuff way the hell out there.

In other news, since no one cares and I'm just whining, I am trying to get into working with the MAngband source code to see if I can do any sort of development on that, specifically starting with being able to log the contents of the mirror window to a file. Outside of that however, I doubt I'll be of any help whatsoever at the time being.

I don't really expect any responses, as I'm not asking for any specific information or something. If you have tips, suggestions, or happen to know why I fail at life, let me know. Thanks...

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Re: I came back after two month just to get shot in the face

Post by Ace » Fri 06.02.2009, 10:03

What matters is if you are a good person or not.

Also don't get too attached to your characters :) It might help. :D

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Fri 06.02.2009, 19:43

Wow, the wilderness is scarier than I thought! I never saw hounds in PACKS out there. Good luck exacting your revenge!

Prosper
Human Zombie

Post by Prosper » Sat 07.02.2009, 03:24

Good thing that the evil Kom died before hurting those cute defenseless hounds.

Kom
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by Kom » Sat 07.02.2009, 20:12

Prosper wrote:Good thing that the evil Kom died before hurting those cute defenseless hounds.
quiet you... go die =P