Can`t see the forest for the trees? [Quest]

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Can`t see the forest for the trees? [Quest]

Post by Ashi » Wed 01.07.2009, 04:07

Nice, I like those warnings! They add a lot to the atmosphere of the quest, I think.

Also, impressive map... have you happened across any of my hidden treasures? I'm not sure if they're all still intact, since "monsters picked them up" is the standard way of explaining their fate...

NephronNekton
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Post by NephronNekton » Wed 01.07.2009, 05:44

:D Ashi! I've been searching for your chaos-DSM-in-a-swamp for days (and have been *destructing* many a druj and nightwing because of it)! Also, I haven't posted it under the wilderness hunt thread, but I've been to all of the other treasure sites listed (by both yourself and Kom) and found one still unopened, with Gorlim and Kavlax inside! I found this yesterday after following the clues...I only managed one screenshot, which was after I mercilessly ended Gorlim :P but, here it is.
Attachments
Ashi_Decent_Challenge_06-29-09.jpg
Sure are a lot of bones here...
Ashi_Decent_Challenge_06-29-09.jpg (161.32 KiB) Viewed 14137 times

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Wed 01.07.2009, 09:18

NephronNekton wrote:and found one still unopened, with Gorlim and Kavlax inside
This reminds me...as a side note request to the devs, could you work on making a unique be able to be on multiple lvls of the dungeon at once? Its quite troublesome when they get stuck somewhere in the wilderness
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Wed 01.07.2009, 18:37

Oh wow, that -50000 screenshot is cool! It's not mine, though. I think a DM made it.

Be careful destructing while looking for my treasures. They're out in the open!

A somewhat lower-risk strategy for finding that swamp would be to trace around the outside of the swampy areas until you find one that has the right shape. You'll still have to venture into the druj-ridden central area, though.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Wed 01.07.2009, 19:55

schroeder wrote: This reminds me...as a side note request to the devs, could you work on making a unique be able to be on multiple lvls of the dungeon at once? Its quite troublesome when they get stuck somewhere in the wilderness
This is not a problem, I know of several uniques in the wilderness who have been slain at a daily basis in the dungeon.
Examples: Bolg, Wormtongue...
Ashi wrote:Oh wow, that -50000 screenshot is cool! It's not mine, though. I think a DM made it.
I had totally forgotten about that one! Or, not really forgotten, who could forget such a beauty... but I lost track of it and never was able to find it again.

There's probably a handful or two of other undiscovered small "treats" like that around in the wilderness.
I think that one is one of my favorites though.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

NephronNekton
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Post by NephronNekton » Sat 04.07.2009, 19:50

I came across this awesome treat while mapping the edge of the world, and I must say, I love the atmosphere; squash soup served a la carte from death mold chefs in a quiet neck of the woods...
Attachments
Warrior_Restaurant_Challenge_04-07-09.jpg
Those death molds look DELICIOUS~
Warrior_Restaurant_Challenge_04-07-09.jpg (190.92 KiB) Viewed 14055 times