polluted Meta Server List?

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

polluted Meta Server List?

Post by Hades » Mon 08.03.2010, 18:02

The Meta server is full of pointless servers of the same type, I suggest we find a way to remove at least some of them... Is it really needed to have 4 of the same server up? I don't see why if people want to play with friends they can't supply them with there own IP address instead.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: polluted Meta Server List?

Post by Warrior » Mon 08.03.2010, 22:12

Behind every server there is a person dedicated enough to the game to put up a server, so personally I think this is a non-issue. ESPECIALLY since the meta is now divided into "Official/Non Official" sections.

Additionally several of them are sort of part of mangband history (at least in my opinion). If anything, it would be interesting if the server admins of the servers would write up a small description or something of their server/who they "are" and so on.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: polluted Meta Server List?

Post by Hades » Fri 12.03.2010, 17:16

I didn't mean it was a problem in that aspect, I know they are organized as official and non-official sections, But it does look messy, I think a better organized meta server would suffice for it. Perhaps have spaces between each server and have the player list on who is on that particular server below the server besides it being listed on the side. On the side it cuts out the build and type of server when one or two people are logged on.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!