Poison! Dark! Shards! Chaos! Disen! Confusion!

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Warrior
Evil Iggy

Poison! Dark! Shards! Chaos! Disen! Confusion!

Post by Warrior » Thu 01.04.2010, 12:29

The following cloaks are for sale (but not displayed in my houses) - will consider any offers :)

a Cloak of Aman [1,+24] (+1 to stealth) {poison 175000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+21] (+3 to stealth) {poison 125000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+21] (+3 to stealth) {poison 250000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+19] (+1 to stealth) {dark 225000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+24] (+1 to stealth) {dark 250000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+18] (+3 to stealth) {conf 250000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+15] (+3 to stealth) {chaos 250000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+32] (+3 to stealth) {chaos 1000000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+13] (+3 to stealth) {disen 250000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+11] (+2 to stealth) {disen 125000}
a Cloak of Aman [1,+13] (+3 to stealth) {shards 175000}

For the poison and dark cloaks I'll accept pretty low offers, so, please be shameless :)

[edit] - I was a bit lazy when copy/pasting these items from the game, the price tags at the end are not the actual price tags, these are just inscribed estimates when comparing them to others. For most of these cloaks I'll consider offers as low as a fifth or less of the price tag seen above.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Poison! Dark! Shards! Chaos! Disen! Confusion!

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 02.04.2010, 11:59

Good luck selling all those lol...

Cloaks of Aman are pretty useless unless you get a resist that is hardly available elsewhere like blind, conf or nether. I would basically price them at their base price except if they have one of those resists. If it's res shards, it's even more useless since you get cloaks of protection with shards already... and they cost like 1500 gold in 1 (and are widely available too).

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Sat 03.04.2010, 02:14

You forget, this is Warrior. He doesn't use normal-person logic when pricing thing, he simply raises the price on anything, and expects someone to buy it. X-)
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sat 03.04.2010, 09:33

Aw, guys... You don't get it.

I don't need the money and I have plenty of time to wait for 'the right customer'. People do buy these cloaks.

Additionally, I'm not selling a wide selection of stuff just to be nice, I'm charging a high price for these items being available at any time you want. The high price is a 'guarantee' that you can take a day or two (or ten) to save up for the item and it will still be there. If these cloaks were sold 'at base price' there would no longer be a wide selection, I buy the cloaks from the general store/black market and these do not provide enough cloaks to keep the shop active after a few days with 'base price'.

My pricing makes it possible for someone who has been unlucky and have not been able to find a specific resistance "elsewhere" to get it.
If the prices were lower the item would have been sold to a random person who might not really have needed it.

So I'm sorry I'm not using your normal-person logic, it's a tad more complex than that :)
-- Mangband Project Team Member

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Sat 03.04.2010, 10:33

Hehe, I know your not crazy warrior. Its just reeeeeally fun to make fun of you for this.
At least the prices look less ridiculous right now.
When Domiano was breaking the game's balance and selling every item imaginable, always at base price, your prices probably just confused people.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband