I think Grunt is breaking the rules

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Liam
Battle-Scarred Veteran

I think Grunt is breaking the rules

Post by Liam » Sun 22.08.2010, 14:29

On the 22nd of august 2010, Grunt was giving good things, for free, to another character, a Lvl 15 "Slander" High elf mage, for either unfair use or storage.
Among the items i saw was a staff of destruction, and when we was giving items, i took a excelllent sword to hold onto it untill his rulebreaking has been dealt with. He called me a little piece of S**t and Swore, and said whatever he didnt care, and verbally just wasnt nice atall, i dont want to go into detail. And i said, Slander must pay for these items fairly otherwise its not fair for him to have them, and he said, whatever, 1 gold. Happy now?. I dont like being a tattletale, but i dont appreciate being talked to in this way, i hope he gets dealt with fairly. Just now, as lvl 18, he died to a fire elemental, and ascended to the surface, hah, Rng gave him what he deserved.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: I think Grunt is breaking the rules

Post by Thorbear » Sun 22.08.2010, 15:43

Again, I don't think this is the right way to go to deal with anyone breaking the rules.
I'd politely inform the player of the rules, and notify an admin, quietly, not making a fuzz, not loudly accusing anyone.

I suggest this post for removal, naming names isn't a good thing.
I am Thorbear...

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: I think Grunt is breaking the rules

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 23.08.2010, 12:40

Nah don't delete this post... I'll be LMAO each time I'll see it...

BTW there's only ONE rule in MAngband: don't offend the RNG!