PVP Question.

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
CheeseToast
Mean-Looking Mercenary

PVP Question.

Post by CheeseToast » Mon 25.11.2002, 21:00

One of the rogues on the server (I won't name who) tried to steal from me while I was idle at work. I have no interest in PVP in this game, but I don't want my inventory stolen from me. I also don't want bad blood between us, but if he intends to steal from me, I have no choice but to kill him. What's the standard acceptable responce to such actions? Is there a way to turn PVP (and thus theft) off for my character?

:P

-CheeseToast

Bobert
Hobgoblin

Re: PVP Question.

Post by Bobert » Mon 25.11.2002, 21:05

Well, there's no point changing names to protect the guilty.  I was the rogue (or actually Paladin, strangely) who did the deed.  It was a thoughtless thing to do, and I do regret it, and I hope to avoid bad blood as well.

Please accept my apology; I assure you it won't happen again.

CheeseToast
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Post by CheeseToast » Mon 25.11.2002, 21:12

Heh. Well, I'm glad you read this. Apology accepted. :)

Sorry about shooting you too. Hope to see you around. I set you to non-hostile, BTW.
;D

-CheeseToast

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Post by Domino » Mon 25.11.2002, 22:56

The standard acceptable response is to kill the offending party.  Contrary to popular belief this game has a pretty much open pkilling policy, just currently most of the people playing are generaly friendly and don't seem to have much interest in PVP combat.  This doesn't however mean that if YOU don't want to pk that you are somehow immune to being pked if someone else wants your gear or you offend them in some manner.
King of the Hill Baby!