MAngband School

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Berendol
Evil Iggy

MAngband School

Post by Berendol » Tue 31.12.2002, 00:34

Hey I'm starting this addition to my Angband website called MAngband School. I will be hosting and linking to as much MAngband-specific documentation I can get my hands on, and someday I hope to have guides, lists and faq's about every aspect of the game.

I will need your help to make this happen, guys... any documents you can write about any aspect of the game, no matter how short, are useful to me! Please note, I won't add posts on this board unless you email them to me. So... don't reply to this with your documents, just send them to me. (Preferably links to them, stored on reliable hosts.)

I will notify you when the site is open; in the meantime happy mangbanding, and don't forget to make a new years' resolution to WRITE ME SOME DOCS!  ;D
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: MAngband School

Post by Berendol » Tue 31.12.2002, 00:40

Here are a few specific things I would like to get on there:

* The relationship between color and attack type/resistance
* Inscription guide
* Pricing guides
* Some specific info on running priests/paladins, rogues, warriors, and archer-type characters
* A good macro guide with useful examples for all classes
* Ghost power guide
* Ego-item bonus guide for a specific type of item such as armor, or weapons. Or both.
* Full information about the newer item types like shields of deflection, orcish shields, etc.
* Comprehensive guides for Westies, HA's, and Blessed weapons
* A list of all spell effects for mages with the ones disabled for rangers and rogues marked, and levels for each class corrected
* A list of all spell effects for priests, and the levels corrected for paladins
* A list of all spell effects for monsters. (Ouch, that's a big one.)
* Maximize-mode character generation tables
* Illustrated guides to whatever - I'll host up to 50k of HTML, TXT, and pictures
* A list of the monsters that most commonly kill players, so I can detail them and post a guide of what to avoid for newbies
* Comprehensive lists of what certain kinds of items do (scrolls, potions, staves, wands, rods)

This list will change when these have been met or I think of something else! You can spend as little time as you want on these provided they're true and I can read your writing.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Tue 31.12.2002, 12:11

[glow=blue,3,300]MAngband School is Open![/glow]

Alright! MAngband School is now open. Have a look.. hope it's useful to you!

http://www.rit.edu/~djl5698/angband/man ... index.html

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 03.01.2003, 21:28

New! MAngband School has a convenient redirect URL:
http://mangschool.cjb.net

Once in a great while when you first load the page, it will pop up a window but you can close it and that's the end of that. If you get the un-selectable -------- one, click its taskbar icon and press Alt+F4.

PS. If anyone knows of a free redirector that doesn't display a popup, let me know!