Recent events. Losing a key.

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Berendol
Evil Iggy

Recent events. Losing a key.

Post by Berendol » Sun 26.01.2003, 04:28

So, I pkilled a guy the other day. He claimed to be a newbie, but I recognize the PC name, and also his style of speech and reason. And he knew exactlywhat he was doing. How else would a level 1 "Newbie" sign on, know how to chat, know his terminology, know he could resurrect in 4, where and what the stores were, what a house was, how to run away and hide effectively, and how to pick up items when the game defaults to requiring a get command? This is why I killed him: He entered my roommate's house while he was storing something (undoubtedly he should have closed the door) and picked up all the items. Not understanding how to attack a player, he asked me for help. So I did, and his items dropped back in his house. Except for his second house key, worth $21,000. After a whole lot of verbal abuse from the guy, I sat in town and gave the order to bring back the key or die. Said "newbie" stood next to me - forgetting to take off hostile after being killed, even though he knew what it was. So his ghost perished, and apparently so did the key. Unless he dropped it outside town, which could have happened, there's no trace of the key anywhere. So the question I pose to you is... Who's responsible for the cost of the key? If I killed his ghost and the key went POOF, and the guy obviously isn't coming back, should I cough up the $21k, or should my roommate eat the price, or is this a bug for which he should receive compensation? At any rate, I have now changed my stance on pkilling...
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: Recent events. Losing a key.

Post by Domino » Tue 28.01.2003, 12:39

Personally I figure if death occurs via pkill the key should drop but thats me and would probably be difficult to differentiate.  

As for the whole stolen key thing goes I have to say that your friend should probably suck it up.  It'll help him to remember vividly that he should never ever open his house when there is anyone nearby and should also never leave his door open whether he's inside or not..
King of the Hill Baby!