Fighting Morgoth without resist Dark

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Faramir

Fighting Morgoth without resist Dark

Post by Faramir » Mon 18.10.2004, 17:04

one of my great adventures before succeeding, was with fighting morgoth.  i had a crazy assortment of gear.  I was so powerful, that i could be the skeletal lord without using a heal pot.  my Paladin decided rather rashly one day to test out morgie.  I hadn't killed him with either of my characters yet, so i wasn't sure what i was up against.  i met him in  what i call the 3 layer cake vault, i'm sure you know which one that is, but i fought bravely, and died.  i realized after that i didn't resist dark! what a rookie mistake!  the next time I hunted him i found him, and killed him! using only 8 *heal* potions and the spell 6 times.  it was pretty quick.  

things all adventurers should know about fighting morgoth:

Resist dark and nether! if you don't resist them both it will be a very short battle!

contrary to popular views, morgoth is not a giant!  xgiant doesn't do squat.  which is a shame because i have an MOD of slay giant.  slay evil is all that works.

get him in a greater vault or a lesser with permiwalls, my 3 layer cake or a snake are 2 great ones, snake is easier to lure him into though.

have lots of *heal* and life potions, and use them liberally!  if your gonna fight morgie, don't chince.

Drop all staves and wands, he can use the charges to heal himself, potions only! restore mana potions are especially important in most cases.

If you can't get him in the Ideal spot, and your name isn't Angus, destruct is better than death.  Teleport is dangerous, unless you are preserving a greater vault or you have goi, don't use it.  even if you are preserving a greater vault, you can always find another, i'd still probly destruct (unless its a checkerboard).