Heyo all!

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
MunkYBoY
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Heyo all!

Post by MunkYBoY » Wed 14.03.2007, 22:14

It's been awhile but i very well may be playing again. Thought i'd see whats been happening anyway. It's been close to a year or something since i've last played. how goes the community?  :)

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Re: Heyo all!

Post by Fink » Thu 15.03.2007, 20:47

Heya man, welcome back. Things seem to be slowly meandering along in the usual quiet manner. I don't think anything too kooky has happened over the last year. Give a read through the forums and catch up, if you've a mind to.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Thu 15.03.2007, 23:32

Welcome back. It has indeed been a while since I saw your name!

A few old members have disappeared, unfortunately. Looks like we don't have any raging PKers at the moment, which is nice. Warrior kindly tossed Sting out for someone else to find, so there's at least one artifact that can be gotten if anyone hasn't found it yet.

Community Size: We can always use some more people, so if you want to come back and bring some friends... that would be most excellent ;D

Myself: I've been going easy on posting here in the past month, myself, because I looked at my disproportionately high post count. I made a MAngband library, which can be found at the link at the top of any forum page. (If you guys think that's not cool, lemme know.) Occasionally I post in threads on rec.games.roguelike.development and it seems like maybe we got a few new players because of that. Also I've been working on a new utility and a new version of my variant. I'll update that thread when I have something new to say.

Servers: We've got an Ironman server again thanks to Fink. I'm not exactly sure what makes the other 0.7.2/0.7.3 servers different, having only played them briefly. No word from EHS, or Cheezband.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

MunkYBoY
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by MunkYBoY » Fri 16.03.2007, 16:16

It's nice to know everything is sound in MAngband for a while. Have you any idea how i can find my house? I can't even begin to think where my last house is at. If you could somehow help me out with it that would be awsome.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Fri 16.03.2007, 20:28

You are most likely out of luck on that front - best to just resign yourself to a systematic house hunt. Ironic that instead of losing keys, the returner often misplaces their house :P

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Sat 17.03.2007, 01:40

You could use a detect rod/spell or enlight scroll, and look for the stuff you had.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

MunkYBoY
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by MunkYBoY » Sat 17.03.2007, 20:35

well i tried both methods and finally found my house! complete luck though. thanks for your help.