Bye all

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Bye all

Post by Hades » Tue 14.12.2004, 21:27

Hey guys, Ill like to announce my retirement to mangband... I would play some more but its hard to have fun and enjoy my time with certain peopl e*cough* Berendol/dan *cough* make this impossable. Because of somones (Look above) Misjudgeing of me I must forever not be allowed to have fun. His childish ways are really upseting me and I do not find anymore need to put myself though this. All though i really didnt have the time anyway but I found it away to stop stress this PERSON Just adds more on me by choosing favorits and making sure the people he dosnt know and like makes sures they follow striked rules or what not when somone eles who he likes dose it reapidly and dosnt do anything

Anyway See you guys around somday maybe This person will grow up someday and see changed in people. And I hope I will never see him again (in real life) For he might have a broken jaw after I do... Peace all. Have fun. Dive safe.

(I bet you he will delete this post I mean he is    Nerd of the Year ;).
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Bye all

Post by Berendol » Tue 14.12.2004, 21:49

Break the rules in front of me, I enact justice swiftly. Call me names and insult me on my own server, and my justice will be enacted more severely when you break the rules that I have set forth.

Other people break the rules, and I deal with them if I find out. It is not your business to know when, how, or where. If I don't find out, or if they technically did not break the rules, then I do not have to do anything.

The rules are posted on a URL that is shown in the MOTD every time you sign in. They have always been there.

However, threatening action in real life will get you in trouble. That's illegal in real life. Do I have to call the police? I hope not.

I will leave this post up so all may remember and learn from your mistakes. May you grow up before you land in jail.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Tue 14.12.2004, 22:40

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Lamer.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Tue 14.12.2004, 22:50

Police/Jail? *cough nerd cough* Anyway this prob will be my last post here sence I am sick of Berendols Childish crap. He deleted my account here. That really shows his muturement dosnt it? Anywho I sure hope people wouldnt play on your server! even a complet noob could get to lvl 50 on that easy crap heck its mad boring. Only reason why I am upset over this matter is your whole concept of dealing with it. It was completly uncalled for and childish... My word of advice is take a few lessons is Social development and then become an admin of a server.  Sence you are ne deprete need of knowing how to interact with other human beings and you also need to take some pills to help you with your problems...  talk to your local docter peace.

All I have to say about this now you may delete my name on here I am done with this crap.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 15.12.2004, 00:06

And I will now henceforth ban Later by name and email address from the forums for the personal assault on your forum admin. Thanks for re-registering so I could have the info.

I deleted him so he couldn't alter his post. It's there for good.

I will consult with certain individuals to decide whether to pursue legal action. Meanwhile, learn the following: English, Decency, Respect for your Superior Officers, and Self-Control. Then, and only then, will you be welcome back.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Wed 15.12.2004, 00:24

3TD WORLD WARF!!!!

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Wed 15.12.2004, 00:47

Before you allege unfairness, look at the people judging.

Berendol and Crimson are two of the best admins/mods on any forums I have visited or game I have played.  They're not perfect, but they're as close to being fair as any of us will get.  

Threaten to physically hurt one of these two people, and you will find all of Mangband united against you.  I do not think you want that.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Steel_Dragon
Human Zombie

Post by Steel_Dragon » Mon 20.12.2004, 20:38

well, after talking to both sides of this story, Later, my cousin, and Berendol, my old college roomate, i think i understand what the real root of this problem was.

First event:

Turin lures Huma (my other cousin, also named Joel) to town with a promise of something to sell, turin kills Huma several times and steals his gear, i have confirmed this with my cousin in person

Second event:

Later signs on and kill Turin in front of the moderator saying "this is for killing (my bro, or joel, he doesn't remember which he wrote)"  

Third event:  

Berendol thinks that Later is talking about when Turin/maegdae killed me on the mangband.org server a couple of years ago, and kills Later for breaking his server rules.

Fourth event:

My cousin has a big mouth on him and gets kicked off the server and the forums.

anyway, I understand that Later broke the rules of Berendol's server, and deserved what he got for not going to the athorities, but Turin should also be punished for Luring Huma to town and killing him outside of store 5 and taking his gear.  my cousin who plays Huma wouldn't lie to me about this, it did happen.  

Make justice fair.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 20.12.2004, 20:59

Thanks for clearly stating the evidence. I hadn't heard what happened yet. Later hasn't bothered to write me anything other than "**** you".

Now. Killing in town is a major offense. I happily terminate characters who do it. Thus Later and Turin must be dealt with separately, since I only now found out about Turin's misbehavior.

As a general rule, I do not discuss any aspect of the punishment of players with other players. It is my sole choice to do so or not, and all Later wanted was me to say "Yes, I will kill Turin and delete his save, because you want me to, without finding evidence." When he did not receive that, he proceeded to make everyone miserable.

Now, I really would have liked to see a post by Huma, but I'll accept your word on the matter because I trust you and you wrote a clearly understood summary.

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Mon 20.12.2004, 21:00

I, for one, think he kinda loses any leg to stand on, so to speak, because of the mouthing off.  I think if he'd calmly posted (or talked to Berendol) about what happened, it'd be a much different situation.  It's Berendol's server, it's up to him, but if it were my situation, he'd never play there again.

My $.02.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Huma
Giant House Fly

Post by Huma » Mon 20.12.2004, 21:17

ok breendol i had to make a name for this post because i was reading over steel shoulder to see what u said about the pk issue and i saw that u wanted me to post and im assuming trhat u want me to pst the incident with turin so here it is:

ok im pretty sure as you know i am a master of the wild so i was getting some ok gear and i knew that pk was illigal in town so i had no regrets saying what kool stuff i found in the wild and i quite bluntly stated that i had fou d 2 might green dsm's (i dident say nething about the +8 speedie) and i was asking around to see if anyone had a defender for sale and turin told me that he had a +12 +12 whip defender that he would sell to me for 10k
so i went to town to get the whip and he shot me killing me  the first time he told me he was testing macros in town so i  went with the gig i picked up my stuff and followed him to a house behind store 5 where he killed me and took my stuff then killed me again pringing me down 9 lvls in total then i decided to say screw it since there were no adamin on at the time and went ack to the wild only to be killed by a mystic

tere is my story u can check the save iles if u wish to test the accuracy of my report

thanx ' Huma

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Mon 20.12.2004, 23:30

2 words:

spell check

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Mon 20.12.2004, 23:55

Here is a clear list of what happened from the beginning.  It's as unbiased as I can possibly make it since all my thoughts and opinions are inserted in ( ) and thereby labled as such.  I had understood.. whatever the name of the person killed was to be Later, but as there seems to be confusion about that, I'll call it L.  

I see someone understood to me to be Later (is this innaccurate?) bragging about his newest finds, gained through a short and evidentally (very lucky) period in the ild.   (having been extremely unconsiderate, ill-mannered, and generally aggravating throughout his existence.)  

At this point, I open up Berendol's rules.  And read them.
And re-read them.  And ponder them.  And read them some more, making sure that I fully understand the spirit of all the rules, focusing on section 1.3.

The rule I'm being accused of violating seems to be 1.3.4.

"Do not kill players along the main road in front of the buildings in town."  

I understand myself to have been within the letter of the law.  

I interpreted the spirit of this rule being to give players in town a safe place, so that they won't be attacked while they idle in town, plus various other things.  Makes sense.  
I also decided that neither the letter nor the spirit of the law applied to other parts of town, since half the rule was dedicated to specifying a certain place in town.  This would not have been done if the rule was meant to apply to the entire town.  Therefore, I also seemed to be withinthe spirit of the law also.  Nevertheless, I researched the rules quite a bit more.  

I told L where to meet me, and began messing with my hostility settings testing macros to speed up the process of declaring war..

And L ran into me out of nowhere while I was in the player  relations menu.  I set him to peace let him re-gear, dispel his suspicions, and lead him off to a legal place to engage hostilities.  

L failed to set me to peace afterwards, and attacked me several times in town as a result of this.  Twice I logged off to avoid killing him.  Soon afterward my Dad required help from me, so I left, neglecting to close Mangband since I was on main street where it's safe.

I returned to my computer to find that my character had been killed, bolted to death at range.   All my gear including esp costing 265k was destroyed.   I then recieved 50k from Berendol.  

Edit:  My attack on him was not at all certain and very dangerous, since he was significantly higher level then myself, and possessed several times the armor value and a very powerful speed ring.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Huma
Giant House Fly

Post by Huma » Tue 21.12.2004, 17:03

first of all i am not later later is my moronic  brother who likes to cheat and later was the one that bolted you to death and berenbol took care of that i did not have any part of the bolting of you

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Tue 21.12.2004, 17:33

So much drama!

Alright. Here's the deal. I'll write it out clearly so everyone can hopefully understand it.

The town PK rule, as was written at the time, states that you may not PK on the "main streets" in town. This can reasonably be interpreted as the roads in front of the buildings, and it can also be interpreted as the roads in the main town screen.

Since there was reasonable doubt as to the original rule, and since the server is down with uncertain integrity when I can fix it, then I will allow an exception in the case of Turin luring Huma away from the main street and PKing there. I don't smile upon it, but if the rule is given the least restrictive interpretation, then I must concede that it was legal.

However, as the least restrictive interpretation of the old rule is "Don't PK in front of the stores", I must still uphold my initial decision to kill Later's character for PKing in front of 4.

After some thought, I have decided to rewrite the rule for two reasons. The first reason is that the area prohibited for PKing in the original rule is not clearly defined. The second reason is that if you teleport someone who is AFK out of a shop, as is allowed in the rules, then that person must enjoy reasonable protection. This will prevent malicious teleportation around the town level for the purposes of killing within the rules.

To prevent future problems, I do hereby henceforth change the rule to read as follows:

No player shall kill another player on any part of the 0' Town level, for any reason whatsoever. All negative depths such as but not limited to -50' and -200' are not part of the 0' Town level. RNG is excluded from this rule because he is my administrative character.